Kirk Herbstreit praises Minnesota's hot start: 'This offense is for real'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dave:

Minnesota can still improve defensively, but on offense, the Golden Gophers have exploded in recent weeks, especially on the ground. That improvement didn’t go unnoticed by ESPN’s College GameDay panel on Saturday morning.

“This is an incredible story. 5-7 his (P.J. Fleck), 7-6 last year. I think they’re going to be 8-0 when they host Penn State, which would be a huge for them on Nov. 9,” ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit said. “And if you haven’t watched them, this offense is for real. Tanner Morgan’s doing a good job throwing the football.

“They’re healthy now in the backfield. They have three running backs they can run at you. They have Tyler Johnson, Rashod Bateman on the outside. This is a team averaging 35 points a game, and it’s impressive.”

https://saturdaytradition.com/minne...a-kirk-herbstreit-hot-start-offense-for-real/

Go Gophers!!

They also teased game day going to Minneapolis

Of the remaining games on the schedule...isn’t Maryland the hardest one to win or coach?
Penn St, you’d think we’d lay it all out. Compete like warriors.
Iowa is Iowa, we know that’s a war.
AT NW it would seem you could easily convince the team to get it done?
Wisconsin, they both marked the calendar before the season started.
The game with the pressure is Maryland. I think that’s the hardest game to coach. Pressure of 8 and O. Game day possibilities. PJ’s not sure what to expect theme with Maryland’s personnel. Maryland’s explosive athletes. Game scares me from a preparation standpoint and no Kamal Martin the first time after not looking good earlier without him.

It’s our Illinois game if we were Wisconsin today.

Last edited:

Top Bottom