Should Minnesota pass Wisconsin in the polls?

Wisconsin is far superior.

WEST W L W L PF PA HOME AWAY STREAK
Minnesota 4 0 7 0 255 150 4-0 3-0 Won 7
Wisconsin 3 1 6 1 278 53 5-0 1-1 Lost 1
Iowa 2 2 5 2 175 81 4-1 1-1 Won 1
Nebraska 2 2 4 3 179 193 3-1 1-2 Lost 1
Illinois 1 3 3 4 208 207 2-3 1-1 Won 1
Purdue 1 3 2 5 184 205 2-2 0-3 Lost 1
Norwstrn. 0 4 1 5 75 151 1-2 0-3 Lost 4

I expect Wisconsin to still outrank Minnesota on Sunday. Even though the Michigan win is rapidly fading and Minnesota did far better against the only common opponent. Give me your best argument on why Minnesota (or Wisconsin) should be ranked higher.

Just a shout out for asking the same question I was thinking. Agree they will be above the Gophers, but the logic isn’t there for that to be the case anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinois was tired of hearing how good Wisconsin is.
9 times out of 10 WI beats Illinois. But not today. Today was Illinois day.

Love the Miracle reference. I became an Illini fan today with that win they had. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Lovie me some Lovie Smith now

F Bucky, I hate the Badgers. We can beat anyone in the Big Ten besides OSU

F Bucky, I hate the Badgers. We can beat anyone in the Big Ten besides OSU

9 times out of 10 they beat us, but not that day, Big Ten Championship Day was our day.

They could and I could argue that, just based on how MINNESOTA has been playing. They won’t, bc it doesn’t work well for the narrative of Wisconsin still having a chance. Plus, they dropped Michigan, what, 7 spots after getting destroyed by Wisconsin?
Minnesota can’t rise that much for beating rutgers. It is what is. Play the schedule and keep winning and the rest will take care of itself (hopefully).

The poll that matters is the post PSU game.

If they can go 9-0, they will get a lot of national attention.

I think the disparity of the polls before today's games is too much to overcome this week. Wisconsin still has a superior place in the pollsters' heads. Not saying I agree, but I'm not voting. I just figure they will place Dinksconsin ahead of the Gophs because of where they started today. After next week, if everything plays out nicely, then it will change, but as for now, the polls will have them ahead of the U.

We won't jump Wisconsin until or unless we beat Maryland next week while Bucky gets pummeled at Columbus.

We move up to 17/18. They fall to 12/13. Play on.

Top Bottom