So we can talk Maryland now right?

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
I avoided talking about Maryland until after the game because I know, as fans, our focus on opponents controls whether or not the Gophers win. No looking ahead as fans, we need to keep our heads in the current week. (Laying heavy sarcasm here).

So now that we won, does anyone else think if Maryland starts Pigrome at QB Winfield is going to have a record day for INT’s? The guy isn’t very good, makes very ill advised passes. Maryland goes down again, this time to a mediocre Indiana team. they have decent running backs, but the Gopher defense has contained running backs thus far (Reggie Corbin roughly 60 yards).

I know the tension and nerves are building naturally as we keep winning, but should we try being more rational towards Maryland? We get them at home too, which is a big advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I avoided talking about Maryland until after the game because I know, as fans, our focus on opponents controls whether or not the Gophers win. No looking ahead as fans, we need to keep our heads in the current week. (Laying heavy sarcasm here).

So now that we won, does anyone else think if Maryland starts Pigrome at QB Winfield is going to have a record day for INT’s? The guy isn’t very good, makes very ill advised passes. Maryland goes down again, this time to a mediocre Indiana team. they have decent running backs, but the Gopher defense has contained running backs thus far (Reggie Corbin roughly 60 yards).

I know the tension and nerves are building naturally as we keep winning, but should we try being more rational towards Maryland? We get them at home too, which is a big advantage.

They are a damn good football team despite some of their slip ups this year and if the Gophers aren't on their game then they will be 7-1.
Fleck was testing some things out today. There will be no room for that next week.

They are a damn good football team despite some of their slip ups this year and if the Gophers aren't on their game then they will be 7-1.
Fleck was testing some things out today. There will be no room for that next week.

They’re damn good? You don’t think that’s a slight exaggeration? They lost to Temple. Their win against Syracuse was misleading, Syracuse was not close to worthy of their #21 in the country ranking. “Damn good teams” win games. I’m not seeing enough evidence of a “damn good team”. Average, yes.

This will be a scary game
Based on the forums, there have been at least a few, but different, people scared of every game we’ve played so far. So much fear on these boards

Maryland is very capable of beating us next week. Need to have an elite week of practice and total focus on the Terps.

One game at a time

Row the Boat!!!!

Maryland is very capable of beating us next week. Need to have an elite week of practice and total focus on the Terps.

One game at a time

Row the Boat!!!!

I’m not saying don’t take the game seriously. Obviously they need to take the game seriously. I’m just saying I don’t think we need to be biting our nails all week over it. Anyone can beat anyone, unless you’re Rutgers, in college football. This team Fleck has put together doesn’t remind me of Mason teams or Kill teams that let nerves or hype dictate their performance too much. I think this team is happy and eager to get wins, not cocky and expecting of wins.

This game scares the crap out of me. Maryland has a lot of talented athletes. But Nebraska scared me too.

Continue the revenge tour:
Illinois: Check
Nebraska: Check
Maryland: Next Up

This game scares the crap out of me. Maryland has a lot of talented athletes. But Nebraska scared me too.

Maryland’s QB situation does not impress me, and our D-backs feed on QB’s that throw the ball up. Maryland has two solid running backs, but with their passing game not being a huge threat, they’re a fairly one dimensional team. Our defense has been good against the run. In fact our defense is something I’m very confident in. Offensively I’m still hesitant with Morgan at moments, but never for an entire game.

To sum up my feelings, I think we’ve all seen way too many bad games and bad seasons. I think all those bad let downs have everyone too hesitant and skeptical now, and no one is ready to admit we might have a solid, threatening team. I think this gopher team can beat any big ten team as of right now, except OSU. But even OSU is still just a college football team, susceptible to all the craziness that occurs in the sport.

Today we celebrate going 1-0 in our Rutgers Championship Season.

Tomorrow we talk Maryland.
Maryland is fast, highly talented, and unpredictable.
They can put 28 points on you like that. <snap of fingers>.

One game at a time

Row the Boat!!!!

As Illinois proved today anyone can beat anyone on any given Saturday. Maryland can absolutely beat us if we don't play well. Our best against their best and we win, anything less than that and it is up in the air like all Big Ten games.

The fans will fret and worry and spend all week talking about focus but from what I have seen so far I really don't worry about that with this team. They seem very focused and composed and they seem to be buying in to Fleck's 0-0 approach.

The best thing that happened for us today was Wisconsin getting beat as a heavy favorite. First and foremost because it opens up the West for us big time but above that it showed the players first hand what can happen if they don't bring their A game each and every week. I have no doubt the coaches will use what happened to Wisconsin as a way to keep the players heads screwed on straight and not let them start looking ahead.

So glad we have a bye week after the Maryland game as hopefully that will keep the players from getting too amped up for the potential showdown with Penn State.

I'm far more worried about Maryland than I was about Nebraska just due to the quality of their athletes. A lot of people here like to point at iffy games they have played, but their offense has rivaled the best in the country at times this season.

I'm far more worried about Maryland than I was about Nebraska just due to the quality of their athletes. A lot of people here like to point at iffy games they have played, but their offense has rivaled the best in the country at times this season.

Well at some point we need to start believing this is our year. And when its our year, it won't matter who Maryland has. This is a game we need to win if we want to win the west.

Well at some point we need to start believing this is our year. And when its our year, it won't matter who Maryland has. This is a game we need to win if we want to win the west.

As of this afternoon the Gophers are heavy favorites to win this division. I think they're going to win next week, but not if they take the game for granted.

As of this afternoon the Gophers are heavy favorites to win this division. I think they're going to win next week, but not if they take the game for granted.

Heavy favorites? According to who?

I thought in the first half against Rutgers, the Gophers were playing down to the opposition. I really doubt that will be a problem against Maryland, considering what the Terps have done to the Gophers in recent years.

Maryland has athletes. Gophers need to play very well to win.

Slight favorites maybe, heavy favorites nope. Although we moved into first in the division nothing has changed in that both Minnesota and Wisconsin control their own destinies as far as winning the division.

Fleck will have the guys ready to go against Maryland. Still a long way to go but to this point everything is laying out for us perfectly. Gotta love it.

If Purdue and Indiana can hold Maryland to 28 points or less I certainly think we should be able to. Indiana, Purdue, and PSU all put up over 34 points, so I don't think Maryland's defense is something we should be scared of.

Today we celebrate going 1-0 in our Rutgers Championship Season.

Tomorrow we talk Maryland.
Maryland is fast, highly talented, and unpredictable.
They can put 28 points on you like that. <snap of fingers>.

And as we proved today, we can only put up 21 points on you like that

If Purdue and Indiana can hold Maryland to 28 points or less I certainly think we should be able to. Indiana, Purdue, and PSU all put up over 34 points, so I don't think Maryland's defense is something we should be scared of.

Our problem with Maryland has been their offense. They played without their top running back today, and with Pigram at QB, both of which help. We can and should beat this team. I just want to get through this game at 8-0 and still have Winfield in the line up.

We should probably be focusing on Rutgers film review first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maryland is not a good football team, but they have some weapons that can make them dangerous.

The fatalists on this board never cease to amaze me.

Is Maryland capable of beating us? Yes. Have we beaten better teams already? Yes.

Looking forward to this one! How often do we get to see our team at 7-0 at home. I do think Martin would be a big factor in this one as he is able to neutralize a mobile QB.

Top Bottom