What grade would you give the Gophers coaching in the dominating win over Rutgers?

What grade would you give the Gophers coaching in the dominating win over Rutgers?

• A

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • B

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • C

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Fleck put in Casey and we have sole possession of first place. Great week.

I'd say A

It's Rutgers so easy to look good but the team looked sharp for the most part. They covered and Fleck worked in some good reps for some backups

Defense. A. Couple of interceptions and change of posessions on downs....looked good.
Offense depends on which half.

Started a little slow but it is tough to get up for games against teams like Rutgers. Once their QB threw that first pick the outcome was never in doubt.

Good game plan. Te only thing that would ave derailed us today would have been turnovers. Goof game plan made sure that didn't happen.

A-... but extra credit for Casey raises it to an A+.

I went with a B.

Rutgers is the worst Big 10 team I've ever seen, so I expected to cruise to victory.

Reasons I dropped it to a B (would have been a B+):
I would have brought the backups in a series sooner. We are not the deepest team in the country and I did not see any reason why they needed to march out and play another series. Granted, we scored on the first play, but I still thought it was a bad call. If someone got hurt, that could have been catastrophic.

I still hate the WR screen. I'm probably taking off more points for this than is rationale, but I really don't want to see the play again.

I still get the feeling that we are not showing the complete playbook. Just showing enough to win. PJ keeps telling us that they(coaches) put more and more on Morgan’s plate. From what I have seen, Morgan must be getting tired of “ eating” the same thing everyday.

A-, only reason it wasn’t an A was because I thought the play calling on offense was way too conservative early on.

Rutgers is awful, but a 30+ point win on a day WI lost.
I can't complain about that.

Did they play good enough today to beat a Penn State?

Unlikely, but that wasn't needed today.

A for having the team ready to play on what could easily have a been a letdown/trap game nail biter. Liked the pressure on the terrible RU QB forcing laughably bad interceptions and the relatively balanced offense not going into a shell when it got tough early.

Can't put B+ so went with a B. Took a little while, but the real coaching came further into the game when we started to pull away. We dominated, but we didn't rub their noses into it. We were capable of doing that, but it seemed more important (and rightfully so) to win with class.

I gave an A.
Kept it simple enough to win comfortably. Too simple the 1st couple drives, then opened it up just enough to cruise. Didn't struggle. Casey of course the feel good story of the year. Still hoping he is healthy enough to be the everyday holder.
Defense was dominant.
All they needed to do was hold serve and win. They did that.

Top Bottom