[POST GAME THREAD] Minnesota defeats Rutgers 42-7

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
What’d ya think, Gopherhole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey OBrien player of the game!

I believe football was invented at Rutgers. Not perfected mind you, but invented.

When the Gophers win 42-7 and dominate it's a good day. Rutgers only scored against the 2's.

Took care of business - Combined with Becky pooping the bed against a team we beat by 23 makes me all smiles!

We have sole possession of first place!

Martin injury is very concerning. Definitely don't have the depth behind him that they have at other spots.

Tapped out of the in game thread early because I got tired of all the bellyaching and complaining.

2 Big Ten West teams went on the road today as 30 point favorites. We may not have earned a bunch of style points, but I will settle for a boring 35 point win as opposed to the alternative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gophs now 7-0. Return home with a record of 0-0 in a championship game with MD...GO GOPHERS!!!

Please elaborate - would love to hear your blinding insight

LOL...you seem upset. It was just my feeling watching the game. Defense was great, but RU fielded literally the worst offense I've ever seen a Gophers team play. Coaches knew RU couldn't score, so they went super vanilla on O for the vast majority of the game. They would've been happy to win 21-0 IMO. Nothing wrong with that, but it led to a pretty stale performance on O in the first half. They had incredible field position early in the game and couldn't convert. Pass pro was shaky early in the game. Running game was missing Paulson and Kieft. Kicker missed a makeable FG. Morgan missed a couple open WRs.

A win is a win, and as a long-suffering GOphers fan, I'm always thrilled. I'm sure they'll look a lot more explosive against Maryland as they run the typical offense.

LOL...you seem upset. It was just my feeling watching the game. Defense was great, but RU fielded literally the worst offense I've ever seen a Gophers team play. Coaches knew RU couldn't score, so they went super vanilla on O for the vast majority of the game. They would've been happy to win 21-0 IMO. Nothing wrong with that, but it led to a pretty stale performance on O in the first half. They had incredible field position early in the game and couldn't convert. Pass pro was shaky early in the game. Running game was missing Paulson and Kieft. Kicker missed a makeable FG. Morgan missed a couple open WRs.

A win is a win, and as a long-suffering GOphers fan, I'm always thrilled. I'm sure they'll look a lot more explosive against Maryland as they run the typical offense.

Your note about the coaches being happy to win 21-0, it seems like they knew that the only way the Gophers lose this game is if they start making a lot of big mistakes like turnovers and penalties, so the focus was on making sure we didn't give Rutgers an edge. Even if it meant we didn't play as dynamic as we normally might.

The bush league bomb in Q4 ruined it fir me. Very workman like effort. No style points but awesome domination.

Then the Brent Beilema like 40 yard bomb with the game well in hand was embarrassing. Much rather would have seen Williams get some work getting 3-4 yards a pop and eating 7 minutes off the clock. And likely a shutout which would have been nice for the “D”.

Bush. League.

The bush league bomb in Q4 ruined it fir me. Very workman like effort. No style points but awesome domination.

Then the Brent Beilema like 40 yard bomb with the game well in hand was embarrassing. Much rather would have seen Williams get some work getting 3-4 yards a pop and eating 7 minutes off the clock. And likely a shutout which would have been nice for the “D”.

Bush. League.

You're a tool. If we had only won 28-7 everyone would have been complaining. Great to get TJ another TD. He deserves it.

Bush. League.

Ruined it for you? Stop. They only beat the spread by 6 some points.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You're a tool. If we had only won 28-7 everyone would have been complaining. Great to get TJ another TD. He deserves it.

No. That call was very took like. This board went ape **** when it happened to us. No reason we shouldn’t be equally disappointed in our own coaches.

Bush. League.

Nah, we needed that. The narrative locally and nationally could have been completely different without it which affects recruiting, attendance and the general excitement level for the program. We needed to win more than jut comfortably.

No. That call was very took like. This board went ape **** when it happened to us. No reason we shouldn’t be equally disappointed in our own coaches.

CFB playoff system created this environment....deal with it

Happy with how the game went... My pregame thought was to get out without any significant injuries. We’ve been fortunate to this point. Martin would be a tough loss. Cross your fingers for a sprain.

Ruined it for you? Stop. They only beat the spread by 6 some points.

The spread? Not a gambler. Beating the spread doesn’t mean a thing. If we beat Rutgers 28-0 and the have less than 100 yards of offense but they “beat the spread” we still kicked their ass.

We won the game. We did absolutely what we needed to do and left no doubt.

Would I have preferred we were up 35-0 at halftime? Sure.

But the game was not in doubt. As others pointed out, another team that was favored by 30 pooped the bed today we did not.

Until we forgot we only do things the right way here.

I didn’t say it ruined the win.

I said it ruined it for me.

Enjoy it. Thump your chest if you like. I prefer we win with class. As disappointed I was in the first three games, at least we handled ourselves with class. Throwing a 40 yard bomb against Rutgers while up 35-0 with a little over 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter isn’t classy. My opinion.

But apparently the “you can’t say anything negative about PJ Fleck” crowd are emboldened by this season even when he does something that goes against everything that comes out of his mouth (which happens somewhat frequently)

Bush. League.

The bush league bomb was so wide open because one DB tripped over his own feet and the other DB fell over him. Get over it.

The spread? Not a gambler. Beating the spread doesn’t mean a thing. If we beat Rutgers 28-0 and the have less than 100 yards of offense but they “beat the spread” we still kicked their ass.

But the game was not in doubt. As others pointed out, another team that was favored by 30 pooped the bed today we did not.

Enjoy it. Thump your chest if you like. I prefer we win with class. As disappointed I was in the first three games, at least we handled ourselves with class. Throwing a 40 yard bomb against Rutgers while up 35-0 with a little over 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter isn’t classy. My opinion.

But apparently the “you can’t say anything negative about PJ Fleck even when he does something that goes against everything that comes out of his mouth (which happens somewhat frequently) are emboldened by our season.

Stopped reading after your first paragraph since you clearly have no f'in clue what you are talking about....this is probably a good time to stop responding to this thread.

But apparently the “you can’t say anything negative about PJ Fleck” crowd are emboldened by this season even when he does something that goes against everything that comes out of his mouth (which happens somewhat frequently)

Imagine thinking we have ������ like this out there! I know he trolling because I’d love if we won 60-0 every game! No mercy, what soy boy thinks we should win with class! Such a sorry way to think where everyone gets a participation trophy!

Stopped reading after your first paragraph since you clearly have no f'in clue what you are talking about....this is probably a good time to stop responding to this thread.

Thanks for the advice. When you finally get a clue, no need to apologize.

Lucky for you, everyone in the country will be talking about the classiest coach in the country (PJ Fleck) in how he gave this opportunity to Casey O'Brien and what a beautiful and moving story it is. That's the headline. And The Gophers are 7-0!

Only a mental midget would be hung up on some TD that nobody remembers. Even the Rutgers coach wasn't pissed. Him and PJ hugged and talked for nearly 30 seconds.

Lucky for you, everyone in the country will be talking about the classiest coach in the country (PJ Fleck) in how he gave this opportunity to Casey O'Brien and what a beautiful and moving story it is. That's the headline. And The Gophers are 7-0!

Only a mental midget would be hung up on some TD that nobody remembers. Even the Rutgers coach wasn't pissed. Him and PJ hugged and talked for nearly 30 seconds.

That was cool. I agree.

I apologize that my having an opinion different than yours makes me a “mental midget”. I hope you’ll get over someone not agreeing with you on the internet.

That was cool. I agree.

I apologize that my having an opinion different than yours makes me a “mental midget”. I hope you’ll get over someone not agreeing with you on the internet.

I just know you have an agenda about Fleck and don't like it. So you're trying to nitpick. What if I told you that Morgan had the option to hand off there and went for the pass?

Top Bottom