Kamal Martin injury watch thread

A pedestrian conversation.

It was pretty early in the morning to be fair.

Oh man PJ cereal references!

nice.gif

Fleck said he would be a game time decision for Maryland. I know the amateur medical professionals in this thread don't want to believe him and have their own diagnosis but if he is in fact a game time decision for this week then it would seem highly unlikely that he would still be questionable a full 2 weeks later against Penn State.

To be clear - I won't be surprised if he does not play this weekend but based on what has been said to this point I will be surprised if he is not ready to go for Penn State after the bye week.

Questionable means that there is a chance he doesn't play. Between getting back to practice and making sure everything is working as expected, there is still a chance he won't be able to go against Penn State. I'd put those odds of him actually missing as pretty low assuming Fleck is being truthful that he is actually a game time decision this week, but he will most likely still be considered questionable.

Any update on Kamal's injury? Think he will be ready for Penn State? Would be great to have him against their athleticism and speed.

Any update on Kamal's injury? Think he will be ready for Penn State? Would be great to have him against their athleticism and speed.

I would assume we will get little to no information on his status this week. Should get a good feel for how he is doing early in the week next week if he is practicing. If he still isn't practicing that won't bode well for him being able to play against Penn State.

I hope he is a fast healer. Grade 2 MCL when I had it was five weeks, and that is with avoiding strenuous activity.

Can't pull it up, however I see that Martin is a game time decision for Penn State according to the Pioneer Press.

Can't pull it up, however I see that Martin is a game time decision for Penn State according to the Pioneer Press.

Would they have any new information though? Whatever they have is probably the same as what they had for the Maryland game.

If he was a game time decision for Maryland, a full two weeks later he is a game time decision for the same injury? I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't actually a game time decision for Maryland.

As a fan, I miss the days of "he twisted his knee and will probably be out 2-3 weeks" or "He separated his shoulder but will play with a brace next week" etc.

I'm not complaining specifically about the U. Fleck and co. are just doing what everyone else does when it comes to the current state of upper and lower body injuries.

Didn't want to start a new thread -- any word on Zack. Is he getting close to being able to play?

Didn't want to start a new thread -- any word on Zack. Is he getting close to being able to play?

Unless Morgan gets hurt, no chance in 2019. Fragile—its Italian for no reason to play him.

I ate a small bin of Quicos.... I would advise Kamal that a while bin is not a good choice for breakfast.

Is Kamal good to go for the big game? Haven't seen any updates. Hope he's healthy we need his speed!

Is Kamal good to go for the big game? Haven't seen any updates. Hope he's healthy we need his speed!

Last I heard was a game time decision, but since he had the same designation last game I would expect he suits up this time.

Fleck would never share that info publicly. That's just his MO, to hide that kind of stuff from the public.

I'm sure he'll be dressed for the game. Maybe they'll try not to use him the first series and see how it goes, but only if he's still not 85+%. I would guess, even if he's not full back yet, he'll be ready to try to contribute on the field as best he can, if we feel like we need him.

We won't know anything about Kamal until 60 minutes before kickoff, when players come out for warm-ups. If he's suited up, he'll try to give it a go.

He had a jersey over a hooded sweatshirt for warm-ups against Maryland, so there was no chance he was ever going to play. I think he'll suit up tomorrow, but maybe get limited reps. I'll say Braelin Oliver and Mariano Sori-Marin played outstanding against a fast Terps offense. I'm confident they're ready if Kamal is limited or can't go.

This game just feels a little different than other big Gopher games. They'll be ready, and they can play with Penn State. I've watched the Nittany Lions twice, they're solid, but they can be beaten. Gophers have to play mistake free to win. Need a big game from Tanner, and have to be able to run it with Rodney/Shannon enough to at least respect the RPO game.

I'll add That I watched him limp noticing onto the field for Maryland and back off at halftime. Even though it has been 2 additional weeks, I suspect as previously estimated 3-6 weeks......so more like Iowa or NW game. I would love to be wrong and see him play, but thinking he will not play.

Yeah, I’ll be shocked if he plays. Of course, I was shocked when it purportedly wasn’t a torn ACL. I’ll be happy to eat crow.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom