MN vs ISU Closed Scrimmage

gophers 19 of 23 from the free throw line!

What the hell is going on around here?

Looks like Willis, Gabe, Carr and Oturu are our Big Four. OSU I'm guessing will be in the 4th-6th range and in the Big 12, competing for a tourney spot

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'd guess those minutes aren't far off what they will be all year, barring injuries. Omersa still can't shoot I see.

Coach Pitino chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'd guess those minutes aren't far off what they will be all year, barring injuries. Omersa still can't shoot I see.
He shouldn't be taking 7 shots in any game all year long.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That A to TO ratio is pretty awful.

DEFENSE is where it is at. Being a top 3 defense is how you contend for conference titles.

I thought these were secret and they couldn't talk about them? Sounds like a decent result, but I'm not sure of ISU's prospects this season.

very little production off the pine

Naw, 14 points and 17 rebounds is not insignificant. Too many turnovers and too many front-line fouls. It’s appearance number. I’d say very encouraging!

Ya, the minutes are going to be interesting...Coach was fairly effusive about the play of Michael Hurt. I’d love if he could keep delivering effective minutes. 11 guys competing...which direction does Freeman go? Does he earn more playing time or turn into dnp?

The other 10 would be more than we usually play, but we are also deeper this year.

gophers 19 of 23 from the free throw line!

What the hell is going on around here?

The guys who shot the free throws can shoot a little. We have more shooters. Kinda nice, I agree.

Coach looking more and more like his old man.

I thought these were secret and they couldn't talk about them? Sounds like a decent result, but I'm not sure of ISU's prospects this season.

Why, because we beat them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice first outing for a new system and a lot of new players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I didnt like the 14 points and 19 rebounds off the bench either.

Yeah I didnt like the 14 points and 19 rebounds off the bench either.

For perspective - last year's team that bench averaged 12 and 7 respectively. If we get 15-20 pts and 15 boards off the bench - the bench is pretty decent.

For perspective - last year's team that bench averaged 12 and 7 respectively. If we get 15-20 pts and 15 boards off the bench - the bench is pretty decent.

Sarcasm meter needs to be on, Beej. That's the way I took it. I think the post agrees with your point.

I am curious if we will see an 11 man rotation this year. May be the way to go until some guys separate themselves

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes sorry! I'll take that production every day of the week!

No sorry required! Sarcasm is good! :)

A stat line I noticed the morning is that of the little scrapper- Greenlee. 10 minutes and he got 4 boards, an assist, a steal, a turnover, three shots and two points. That's a lot of action in 10 minutes for a back up player. He is going to be a favorite off the bench around here.

Bench 5 for 17 from the floor 2dimes to 7 turnovers. One player over 3 points off the bench..

Top Bottom