It's happening!

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Let's make this the Gophers year. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but this team has it in them to do great things. Empire class of 2016 let's get'r done. Go Gophers! Keep the wins rolling.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Slow the roll. Nothing has changed today with just one loss by Wisconsin. They lose to OSU and we get a 2 game cushion, then sure

Slow the roll. Nothing has changed today with just one loss by Wisconsin. They lose to OSU and we get a 2 game cushion, then sure

Even 2 skunk losses doesn’t really help us unless we go into the last week undefeated. Now if Wisconsin lost a 3rd that would be huge.

Gophers could still end second in the West with 1 loss and have their 3 hardest opponents ahead of them. They have a good chance but they need to keep on winning. They're going to have to take care of their own games to go anywhere.

Team looks awful right now. Won't get it done against MD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

c'mon op

giphy.gif

Big if........but if we beat Maryland and OSU takes out Bucky

Both could well happen!

Then Iowa and Wisconsin still play later in the year..........one will have 3 losses........could the other lose somewhere else along the way and have 3 losses?

If so, we could win the west by splitting our last 4

Team looks awful right now. Won't get it done against MD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Stick to hoops, hoopboy

Lol mostly just kidding around. Was plenty frustrating watching that first half. They were just playing it safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

You might wanna slow your roll with Martin out. Defense takes a big step backwards and isn't very good without him.

Start by finishing the season against Maryland undefeated. The methodology is working.

I'm all for starting to get excited.

I have pointed to this year as a great opportunity for something really special for some time now.

Nov. 9 is the tipping point. Get there undefeated and make this start to be a special season.

The loss by WI today is big just from the standpoint of we can lose 2 between now and WI, and still play them, beat them, and probably advance due to head to head tie-breaker even if WIS beats OSU.

When we play them, the best they can be is 10-1. If we drop a couple (and they win out) we would still control our own destiny as a 9-2 team.

The loss by WI today is big just from the standpoint of we can lose 2 between now and WI, and still play them, beat them, and probably advance due to head to head tie-breaker even if WIS beats OSU.

When we play them, the best they can be is 10-1. If we drop a couple (and they win out) we would still control our own destiny as a 9-2 team.

All this speculation by us has no impact on what the team does on the field, so I have no problem with any of it.

As far as high level expectations, even if we make it ot 8-0 and then lose to Penn State, beating Iowa and Northwestern would be huge. leading to a massive final game at home vs. a two loss or more UW team. Wisconsin looked pretty weak and slow on defense all of a sudden today, and there is no chance they hang in vs. OSU on the road.

I'd like to be 11-1 or 12-0 of course, but winning the West early like Northwestern did last year (they had it in bag before beating us late) would be pretty great.

All this speculation by us has no impact on what the team does on the field, so I have no problem with any of it.

As far as high level expectations, even if we make it ot 8-0 and then lose to Penn State, beating Iowa and Northwestern would be huge. leading to a massive final game at home vs. a two loss or more UW team. Wisconsin looked pretty weak and slow on defense all of a sudden today, and there is no chance they hang in vs. OSU on the road.

I'd like to be 11-1 or 12-0 of course, but winning the West early like Northwestern did last year (they had it in bag before beating us late) would be pretty great.

I think what it does is it just turned our hopes of winning the west from a 5% chance to a 15% chance.

As this season is unfolding, what once appears unlikely is becoming more possible.
Instead of needing a perfect season, we don't have to be perfect any longer.

But tomorrow, we (or at least the team) need to be 0-0 worried about Maryland.

Top Bottom