Both Wisconsin and Iowa look very beatable today

Gold Rush

Reaction score
I don't know if we will beat either, neither or both but both Iowa and Wisconsin had better play a lot better against the Gophers than they are playing today vs. Purdue and Illinois or they WILL get beat.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting last few weeks of the Big Ten season. Let's just get it done today and we will worry about them later. Or -- maybe they should be worrying about US.....

I don't know if we will beat either, neither or both but both Iowa and Wisconsin had better play a lot better against the Gophers than they are playing today vs. Purdue and Illinois or they WILL get beat.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting last few weeks of the Big Ten season. Let's just get it done today and we will worry about them later. Or -- maybe they should be worrying about US.....
Illini,,,,wow!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Illini,,,,wow!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Wisconsin was most likely looking ahead to the Ohio St game next week and everyone was telling them how great they were all week. They took the Illini for granted and gave them a chance to win. The Gophers can beat Wisconsin again but it will take their very best game, like last year.

I think we look like schit today, too.

Maybe the west will be a schit show showdown for 1st place.

We look very beatable today, at least in the first half.

Go Gophers!!

I think we look like schit today, too.

really? i haven't been watching, but i just went on espn and saw that rutgers has 29 total yards. in what areas are the gophers looking like ****?

really? i haven't been watching, but i just went on espn and saw that rutgers has 29 total yards. in what areas are the gophers looking like ****?

I haven't been watching...........try watching

This is bleeping Rutgers!

We had two takeaways in the first half and were only up 14

We look very beatable just about every week.

Really? What are our scores in the Big Ten? Outside of some late scores by Purdue, we have ****ING ROLLED everyone in the Big Ten we have played. Who are you watching?

Really? What are our scores in the Big Ten? Outside of some late scores by Purdue, we have ****ING ROLLED everyone in the Big Ten we have played. Who are you watching?

True we are 4 games deep in B1G play now. I guess I meant during the non conference. My point is it doesn't really matter how beatable you look.

This

Some of our fans look at all the negatives or fret over every little thing. I had to leave the in-game thread because I couldn't handle the hand wringing and complaining.

Did we play a perfect game today - Nope
Did we leave some points on the field - Yep
Would we all like to have seen us play even better - Yep
Did we lose as big favorites - nope
Did we win by 35 in a game that wasn't even that close - Yep

I get that we are fighting years and years of conditioning that tells us not to believe what we see, that we are not a good team and that it is all going to fall apart. We feel this way because it has happened time and time again.

But this is different, it has been different since the Purdue game last year. We have won convincingly in 6 of our last 7 Big Ten games dating back to last season. Not just squeaking by or getting lucky but going out and physically dominating a fellow Big Ten team.

We will almost certainly lose a few games this season (Penn State looking really good against Michigan right now) and we may not be quite ready for prime time but what we are seeing now is different then what we have seen in the past and after many years of seeming on the verge of finally breaking through it sure looks like we are on the right path to becoming a legit force in the West in the very near future. And that future absolutely could start as early as this season.

Most of us are fully enjoying the ride, but for those that can't just relax and enjoy the team doing things it hasn't done in decades I feel for you. Maybe it will all come crashing down around us but I for one choose to believe that this team is for real and is on its way to finally being the program we have been waiting for.

Our offense was not humming like it has been. I think that's going to happen from time to time. Our pass attack was rolling earlier in the season...teams adjusted...two straight games of 300+ yards rushing...Rutgers clearly game planned for it and it took a bit for the offense to adjust. We still held them to 29 total first half yards and scored two touchdowns of our own before putting up seven more on the opening drive of the second half.

Posters saying that we "look like schit" need to settle down. We had 443 total yards.....they had under 200 with a good chunk of that coming in the 4th quarter against our second and third stringers. We were playing very conservatively on offense.

Iowa and Wisconsin have always been beatable to me. Talent wise we are capable of beating every team on our schedule if we play well.

I think the scoreboard didn't tell the whole story today and the team was out of synch a bit for a lot of the game. I think what people wanted to see was Minnesota run right up the middle over Rutgers on 70 yard drives than big plays in garbage time. That said, I like how our defense has looked - Winfield is a beast and it was important to keep throwing to get the confidence back after early struggles. The coaches need to figure out why the run game was not clicking - smaller front causing problems? Either way, it is in the past now and need to game plan for Maryland. I was worried that we would get 'Illini-ed' today - happy it happened to WI instead. We need to close out NW and Maryland and the chips will fall where they may against our ranked opponents.

Iowa and Wisconsin have always been beatable to me. Talent wise we are capable of beating every team on our schedule if we play well.

Early in the season they didn't look beatable, not by the Gophers. Fortunately we play them later.

Spot on.

Illinois beat Wisconsin today. Nuff said.

Iowa runs an offense that resembles the single wing, circa 1933.

Top Bottom