How many B1G wins will the Gophers have this season?

How many B1G wins will the Gophers have this year?

• 12+

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • 10-11

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • 8-9

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • 7 or Less

Votes: 38 41.8%

• Total voters
I'd say you are looking at somewhere in the 5-8 range in BT wins. You have Otoru down low. That's it. He's also had tons of trouble with fouls. He gets in early foul trouble in game, it will probably be chalked up as a loss.

Carr needs to be amazing for this team to go anywhere. He and Kalsheur. Hopefully Gabe is as good or better than he was last year. I have't seen this Willis kid play, but hopefully he is a welcome surprise as we will need it.

Basically, what I am saying is that losing Murphy and Coffee hurts a ton. They were basically 60% or better of the team last year. I'm hoping guys step up and they win. I'm not expecting much though. That said, I will still be plenty disappointed if they miss the big dance.

I'd say you are looking at somewhere in the 5-8 range in BT wins. You have Otoru down low. That's it. He's also had tons of trouble with fouls. He gets in early foul trouble in game, it will probably be chalked up as a loss.

Carr needs to be amazing for this team to go anywhere. He and Kalsheur. Hopefully Gabe is as good or better than he was last year. I have't seen this Willis kid play, but hopefully he is a welcome surprise as we will need it.

Basically, what I am saying is that losing Murphy and Coffee hurts a ton. They were basically 60% or better of the team last year. I'm hoping guys step up and they win. I'm not expecting much though. That said, I will still be plenty disappointed if they miss the big dance.

I don't think Carr is going to be a big downgrade from Coffey. Willis will be a much better shooter than McBrayer and he'll match Dupree in other areas. I would assume that Gabe will be a better version of himself. :) The big issue is PF. Oturu looks terrific and is going to be a force. He has done his work in the off season. We will have a better bench for sure than last year.

More versatility, better spacing, better shooting and most importantly, better defense. After all these years they are going to have a identity.

I don’t think 13 but all this makes me think they go .500 in the big ten

I don't think Carr is going to be a big downgrade from Coffey. Willis will be a much better shooter than McBrayer and he'll match Dupree in other areas. I would assume that Gabe will be a better version of himself. :) The big issue is PF. Oturu looks terrific and is going to be a force. He has done his work in the off season. We will have a better bench for sure than last year.

Makes me feel better, thanks.

Hoping you are right. Pitino just cant handle any more of those 4-7 win BT win seasons.

Agree.

Gabe has to step up. Thus far he hasn't done it.

Love Gabe but he was a complete no show last night. Don't remember him hitting one shot from 3, and one was an air ball. This has been the most concerning thing to watch through the first 2 games. He could be a slow starter, but he is critical to our success this year.

From what I have seen after two games, I'd answer about 8. I think the defense will be fine...I like what I have seen from Willis and Carr defensively so far, and in addition to Gabe and Oturu, I think the D can keep them in most Big Ten games.

However, I think we will struggle against teams with better front lines, and we just don't seem to have much scoring on bench. Oturu needs to stay away from foul trouble.

Pitino will get another year with 5. 4 best players are not seniors ...signed a couple of good recruits....so far....In the mix for stud recruits class of 21.

Pitino will get another year with 5. 4 best players are not seniors ...signed a couple of good recruits....so far....In the mix for stud recruits class of 21.

I do not think we will find out because we will not go 5-15. If somehow that happened 45-85 would be the end. At some point it is not about what kids you might get, it is about what teams you beat, what you win. Expect excellence. Still not sure why fans bail after one loss in the 2nd game of the season.

I do not think we will find out because we will not go 5-15. If somehow that happened 45-85 would be the end. At some point it is not about what kids you might get, it is about what teams you beat, what you win. Expect excellence. Still not sure why fans bail after one loss in the 2nd game of the season.

No one is bailing; but that was an alarming loss. So thin at forward, really going to be hard to win B10 games with that front court and no bench. 8+ B10 wins is overachieving with that roster.

No one is bailing; but that was an alarming loss. So thin at forward, really going to be hard to win B10 games with that front court and no bench. 8+ B10 wins is overachieving with that roster.

It’s not alarming as long as you see improvement. Hopefully this team sees that it needs to rely on defense and being efficient offensively. They are learning cohesion and I think it’s good to get a learning game out of the way. I highly doubt they shoot that poorly in many if any games the rest of the year.

I can’t wait to see Coyle work his coach-hiring magic and fix MBB.

I'm starting to think that the basketball team well finish the season with less B1G wins than the football team.

Top Bottom