***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Pretty mediocre half offensively. Couldn't ask for much more defensively.

Man, Morgan looks horrible today. Looks like the backup QB.

Looks like we can’t trust our freshman kicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sad half overall. I have zero confidence we can make a FG in a big spot.

Morgan pretty sluggish. Is he playing hurt?

The O needs to go back tot he drawing board at half. This was absolutely pathetic. Rutgers turned it over twice and MN started 2 drives in RU territory and you come away with 14 points? Morgan looks like the QB who was getting beat out by Annexstad in camp rather than the guy who's top 5 in the nation in efficiency. OL getting beat far too frequently -- and looking like the non-con group rather than the last 3 games. Let's hope they come out with a different attitude in the 3rd.

This is the least excited I've been for a 14 point halftime lead.

Wow, someone please tell Tanner to wake up. it's a good thing we are playing a terrible team or we would be in a world of hurt. Regroup and get it going in the second half.

Awful first half offensively

The line is giving up a lot of pressure and Morgan has been off all game. Rashod having a great game tho

Wow, someone please tell Tanner to wake up. it's a good thing we are playing a terrible team or we would be in a world of hurt. Regroup and get it going in the second half.

Yup. We lose if we play this way against Maryland.

Not a great half, still Up 14-0

Honestly, I'd play conservative 2nd half.

Total yards

Minnesota 225
Rutgers 29 (1 yard passing)

That's a big missed kick too. Coulda came out and made this a 4 possession ball game and maybe give some time for reps for 2nd stringers

Despite being ahead, Gophers were played pretty even by Rutgers in the first half, Rutgers playing with more energy on defense than Gophers are on offense, despite the Gophers clearly having more talent. A little disappointing...

Pretty sad half overall. I have zero confidence we can make a FG in a big spot.

Like the extra point to send the Fresno game to OT or double OT. Or the 37 yard field goal in double OT that gave us the lead and the eventual win?

Our kicking game is much shakier than in recent years....but I wouldn't call this a Blair Walsh situation just yet.

Honestly, they should sit Faalele and use the OL combo they used against Nebraska.

Honestly, they should sit Faalele and use the OL combo they used against Nebraska.

This 100 percent Faelele not playing well and you can tell we miss Kieft in the run game bad.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Like the extra point to send the Fresno game to OT or double OT. Or the 37 yard field goal in double OT that gave us the lead and the eventual win?

Our kicking game is much shakier than in recent years....but I wouldn't call this a Blair Walsh situation just yet.

Did you just cite an extra point as confidence inspiring?

Despite being ahead, Gophers were played pretty even by Rutgers in the first half, Rutgers playing with more energy on defense than Gophers are on offense, despite the Gophers clearly having more talent. A little disappointing...

How can you say that with the Gophers holding Rutgers to 29 total yards on offense? Minnesota had 235!

Yes there should have been more points but they are hardly playing even.

I know it hasn’t been pretty, but I don’t think the sky is falling offensively here is why:

It’s clear that we are calling fades, go routes, and long outs, but those are not Morgan’s strength. So I conclude they trying to work on that and what better place to try to improve than a game situation against a poor team? He is much better with slants, ins, short quick routes and we have dialed up zero slants today.

We’ve also been running more outside and stretch plays when we know our strength is dives and counters. That’s why it just seems like a strangely called game. Sometimes I think he purposely works on things or sets up stuff on film for next week and then goes the other way.

Just my .02 from watching this team every down all season.

Um no. Have you seen Rutgers’ offense?

According to the stats, we should be ahead 42-0: 235 yards to 29, 14 first downs to 4, two turnovers by Rutgers, i yard passing for Rutgers, yet we could still lose this game!

Top Bottom