Season Kind of Snuck Up on Me

stocker08

Reaction score
Gophers are 1-1 so far after splitting last weekend after a trip to Colorado College. Not ideal seeing as how CC isn't exactly a powerhouse. They are playing against Niagara at home this weekend. NOT looking good four minutes in. And Mariucci is EMPTY.

A win in OT against Niagara.........good, right? Is Niagara a decent team? TWolves and Wild are going to suck this winter. I'm hoping Gopher hockey and basketball will get me through.

I made it to Mariucci for the third period after the volleyball sweep. It was a fun period with Walker scoring the OT winner on a break away. However, Motzko, on the post game radio interview, was not pleased about the Gopher effort. Too many turnovers. Too much cuteness.

This is an incredibly young team. Tonight's game has 15 FR/SO skaters out of 19, and a FR goalie... That is nuts.

This could be a bumpy year. It could also be a year where we find ourselves in the NCAA tournament after sneaking in near the bubble.

Next year is expected to be the year the Gophers contend for a national title IF there are no early departures. Four of the remaining few Lucia recruits will graduate, and everyone else will be a year older.

I did not see an NCAA team against Niagara. We look far too young and let a not very good team bottle us up in our zone far too often. Nice to see a kid from my high school on Niagara and he scored a goal. This gopher team reminds me of a lot of Woog teams. Lots of skill but not much grit.

Sorry that you went to hill.

Yes they didn't look like a tournament team but we saw Bob's team last year improve over the season, too.

Top Bottom