MB3 arrested, damaged women’s cars while running, Frisco police say

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Dallas Morning News:

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber damaged two women’s vehicles while he was running in Frisco in 2018, police say, requiring several thousands of dollars of repairs.

Barber, 36, was arrested by Prosper police and booked into the Denton County jail Wednesday on two misdemeanor counts of criminal mischief.

According to an arrest-warrant affidavit, one woman spoke to police two days after the July 23, 2018, incident.

She told an officer that she was pulling out of a parking lot near Main Street and Teel Parkway when she saw a “very muscular” man with long dreadlocks wearing red exercise clothing and running toward her on the sidewalk. Instead of running around her, he intentionally ran into the front left side of the Volvo SUV, gave her a dirty look and ran off, she said.

A dent above the left front wheel cost about $1,800 to repair, the affidavit says.

According to the document, the officer recognized the man as possibly being Barber, who he knew lived in that area and had seen running in the clothes the woman described.

A second woman also notified police about a similar incident that happened the same day.

She told a detective that she was about to turn on to Main Street from Kyser Way when a man ran into the front left side of her Nissan SUV with his forearms, then cursed at her before running away.

The detective noted in the affidavit that the dents, which cost about $2,100 to repair, “were remarkably similar to the dents" in the other incident.

The same night as the incident, officers made contact with Barber in connection with a disturbance.

During that encounter, the affidavit says, “Barber talked about white women pulling their cars into the crosswalk when leaving parking lots.” He did not mention running into the two women’s vehicles but did say he had a “busted shoulder."

Each count of criminal mischief carries a possible punishment of up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Barber played for the Cowboys from 2005 to 2010, then spent one season with the Chicago Bears before retiring.

He was released Wednesday evening after posting $2,010 bond, jail records show. He did not have a lawyer listed in court records.

In 2014, Barber was taken into custody by police in Mansfield, where he had a home, and then taken to a hospital for a mental-health evaluation.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...back-marion-barber-arrested-in-denton-county/

Go Gophers!!

Marion the Barbarian still runnin' hard!

To be fair, the guy took a tremendous pounding over the years and likely had quite a few concussions. A brain scan probably wouldn't
hurt.

the key word here, which we have discussed over in the ot board, is "intentionally."

also, the police deal with a level of guilt called probable cause. criminal courts deal with beyond a reasonable doubt. my suspicion is that mbiii can afford a pretty good lawyer and these charges are going away. unless the police have a bunch more evidence. like video evidence of mbiii saying "i am intentionally damaging your property."

I wouldn’t be surprised if the women were on their phones too. Maybe even texting. Either way, they need to be more careful when they’re exiting parking lots. Next time, it could be a small child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“I can’t believe it officer, I barely ran over this guy and he damaged my car.”

He was arrested while running as a pedestrian and people in there vehicles were crossing crosswalks. This is ludicrous.

MBIII Fought the Car and the MBII Won

no dude. read again. this time slowly.

She told an officer that she was pulling out of a parking lot near Main Street and Teel Parkway when she saw a “very muscular” man with long dreadlocks wearing red exercise clothing and running toward her on the sidewalk. Instead of running around her, he intentionally ran into the front left side of the Volvo SUV, gave her a dirty look and ran off, she said.

To me, if you are on the sidewalk running, you are going to be crossing a parking lot entrance via a crosswalk.

I thought pedestrians always have the right of way?

Wasn't there, so I don't know what actually happened, but...

As someone who bikes as a primary means of travel, i suspect the damage was probably intentionally done out of frustration, as a reaction to inconsiderate drivers. Can't begin to describe how often cars that aren't even turning and are held at a red light, pull far into or completely over and blocking the entire crosswalk or bikeway, leaving pedestrians and bikers to have to veer over into traffic. Every now and then when it seems egregious enough, i'll slap the offending vehicle as i go by, just as an audible 'hello, dumbass, thanks for being a dick', but of course, just with my palm and not without enough force to do any damage.

To me, if you are on the sidewalk running, you are going to be crossing a parking lot entrance via a crosswalk.

i am not siding with anyone. i am not saying that the victims of this alleged crime weren't annoyingly bad drivers.

i am just saying that he was arrested for allegedly intentionally damaging someone else's personal property.

As someone who bikes as a primary means of travel, i suspect the damage was probably intentionally done out of frustration, as a reaction to inconsiderate drivers. Can't begin to describe how often cars that aren't even turning and are held at a red light, pull far into or completely over and blocking the entire crosswalk or bikeway, leaving pedestrians and bikers to have to veer over into traffic. Every now and then when it seems egregious enough, i'll slap the offending vehicle as i go by, just as an audible 'hello, dumbass, thanks for being a dick', but of course, just with my palm and not without enough force to do any damage.

Wasn't there, but as a driver most bikers I see have no regard for traffic laws.

Wasn't there, but as a driver most bikers I see have no regard for traffic laws.

8a60c3f0385e918cf05fc59f4cd3b59b.jpg

Some of us do.

But as a biker most drivers have no regard for traffic laws. Everyone speeds, no one stops, everyone still has their phones in their hands (in MN it is now against the law), everyone is distracted.

Apparently MB3 dont like white women drivers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It took a year and three months for them to charge him?

I believe it is the law that a car must always stop at the sidewalk before leaving a parking lot or drive. Always. No one does it but you get dinged for it on the driver’s behind the wheel test if you don’t.

I believe it is the law that a car must always stop at the sidewalk before leaving a parking lot or drive. Always. No one does it but you get dinged for it on the driver’s behind the wheel test if you don’t.
Might be a situation where you stop at the stop sign but then have to creep forward to see oncoming traffic, thus obstructing the crosswalk. If that was the case, he is totally in the wrong. But none of us truly know what happened. Seems odd that he would do it twice in one day, almost like he was on a mission.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

It took a year and three months for them to charge him?

Is it possible they couldn't find him? He was evicted from his apartment within the week of these incidents. The photo of him in the article... things don't look right for him. I hope he gets the assistance he needs.

It would have been cooler (and a better total body workout) for him to jump and slide across the hood Luke Duke style. MB III sadly at minimum has a personality disorder and based on prior history maybe some other stuff going on. I hope he’s getting the help he needs.

Some of us do.

But as a biker most drivers have no regard for traffic laws. Everyone speeds, no one stops, everyone still has their phones in their hands (in MN it is now against the law), everyone is distracted.

I don't know how people bike ride in any type of urban traffic. I realize some have no choice but I ride generally 100-120 miles a week and do my best to not get anywhere near traffic.

Plenty of fault on both sides; lots of stupid, arrogant and stuck up bike riders and lots of drivers who don't see or don't care about bikes.

Personally, I think a huge majority of hardcore "roadies", or road bike riders, are arrogant f'ng idiots who could use a good thump from someone's fender. The attitude from some of them is just amazing. The general rule of thumb, hardcore road bikers are d!ckheads and triathlon bike riders are usually super nice considerate people.

Are you one of the many bikers that don’t stop at stop signs? Or obey any laws? Bikers are the worst. Worst.

My baseline assumption is anyone riding a bike, powered or otherwise, in traffic full of distracted, speeding humans wrapped in 4-5000 pounds of alloy is someone that has nothing to lose/is at rock bottom (which hey, is a form of freedom). Please remember to check the donor box.

To get back to the main point, I do not know what the ex Gopher will be charged with but if I were his att'y I would ask for a complete neurological exam.
Everyone knows people riding bikes are superior humans and the traffic laws do not apply to them.

Top Bottom