Gophers Big Ten Opponents Mash Units

hungan1

Reaction score
Wow, so far the teams that the Gophers have faced - Purdue, Illinois, and Nebraska have key players out with injuries. Now, Maryland have them too. I remembered the year the Gophers played against TCU. They had so many injuries that year.

Football is brutal in the Big Ten.

Hoping and praying the Gophers stay relatively healthy! Every team have to cope with injuries. But, when your key players go down it makes it tougher.

Last edited:

So what if key players go down! That doesn’t diminish the win when we get it. Do you think any other team or sportscaster said anything about our team when we had injuries and lost? No they didn’t, they celebrated the win and we should to. It’s crazy when I see our own fans wanting to put asterisks next to wins like that!

Every win we get, we earned regardless of who is injured or not playing! Here’s to 9-0 and beating Penn State!

Did a lot of team apologize last year for beating us with our #2 QB playing or with us missing our top 2 RB's?

When people talked about Nebraska turning it around last year, was there a * next to their win total from last year?

And our #2 QB is still playing for us. Can you imagine how good we would be if #1 was healthy and starting?! ;)

The injury excuse is just that; an excuse.

All teams deal with injuries; some more than others... that's the luck of the draw.

Last week Purdue whipped Maryland on the road, and the Boilermakers were playing without Moore and Sindelar.

Good teams win despite injuries. Bad teams use injuries as yet another excuse.

Our Defense has a bodycount! Who's next?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Counting guys who went out in the first half, I think the Gophers have faced 5 backup QBs in 6 games? Only Fresno had their first choice guy. Rutgers in a way is on their backup also, given that their starter redshirted after 4 games.

To be fair, the Gophers may also be on their backup QB with Annexstad out. It so happens our "backup" QB is the #4 passer in FBS. Depth is cool.

Top Bottom