Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default THE FANTASTICALLY PROFITABLE MYSTERY OF THE TRUMP CHAOS TRADES

If only we had federal regulators who could look into this.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...al-type=earned

But these wins were peanuts compared to the money made by a trader, or group of traders, who bought 420,000 September e-minis in the last 30 minutes of trading on June 28. That was some 40% of the day’s trading volume in September e-minis—making it a trade that could not easily be ignored. By then, President Trump was already in Osaka, Japan—14 hours ahead of Chicago—and on his way to a roughly hour-long meeting with China’s President Xi Jinping as part of the G20 summit. On Saturday in Osaka, after the market had closed in Chicago, Trump emerged from his meeting with Xi and announced that the intermittent trade talks were “back on track.” The following week was a good one in the stock market, thanks to the Trump announcement. On Thursday, June 27, the S&P 500 index stood at about 2915; a week or so later, it was just below 3000, a gain of 84 points, or $4,200 per e-mini contract. Whoever bought the 420,000 e-minis on June 28 had made a handsome profit of nearly $1.8 billion.

Full TDS on display. ^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Full TDS on display. ^^^
    ZZZ. You're becoming a bot. It could be an Inherently Evil Liberal Deep State Commie Leaker using his inside info to make out bigly.

Shouldnt the WSJ or CNBC be talking about this too? I have a tough time relying in just Vanity Fair for this type of reporting

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post

But these wins were peanuts compared to the money made by a trader, or group of traders, who bought 420,000 September e-minis in the last 30 minutes of trading on June 28. That was some 40% of the day’s trading volume in September e-minis—making it a trade that could not easily be ignored. By then, President Trump was already in Osaka, Japan—14 hours ahead of Chicago—and on his way to a roughly hour-long meeting with China’s President Xi Jinping as part of the G20 summit. On Saturday in Osaka, after the market had closed in Chicago, Trump emerged from his meeting with Xi and announced that the intermittent trade talks were “back on track.” The following week was a good one in the stock market, thanks to the Trump announcement. On Thursday, June 27, the S&P 500 index stood at about 2915; a week or so later, it was just below 3000, a gain of 84 points, or $4,200 per e-mini contract. Whoever bought the 420,000 e-minis on June 28 had made a handsome profit of nearly $1.8 billion.
    Vanity Fair eh? Mr source police?

Most trades of this variety are hedges, not outright punts. And even the article states it could be multiple traders. There’s nowhere near enough info to conclude anything. But conspiracy theory Howie is on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Shouldnt the WSJ or CNBC be talking about this too? I have a tough time relying in just Vanity Fair for this type of reporting
    This is pure fishing. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about it and even someone with perfect inside knowledge wouldn’t make this large of a bet. Too many other variables.

Trump’s ongoing alpha quarrel with Graydon Carter has not come without consequences.

Shadow monsters bought them — my nickname for the people who ghost write Trump’s administration agenda and tell him what to do.

You're becoming a bot.
    Yep and when Trump wins another term it will seem like there are hundreds of me dogging every stupid post you make. (all of them)

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Yep and when Trump wins another term it will seem like there are hundreds of me dogging every stupid post you make. (all of them)
    If he loses, will you leave the board forever?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    If he loses, will you leave the board forever?
    Or is impeached, or resigns.

We should ask for the resignation of a few posters, on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post

Reminds me.....when does my six month sabbatical begin, KFC?

Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post

This republican senate will never convict him for any crime.

He’s not resigning because he knows he’ll be indicted.

It’s going to have to be the ballot box. Trump has already invited foreign interference so the American people are going to have to defeat both trump and Putin.

Never say never, on the senate.

I know it sounds like a movie plot at this point, but sometimes if the leader gets too crazy, the lieutenants just gotta slay the king before he burns them all.

If you truly believe that the American people want conservative, republican leadership ... then Pence is perfect. Shouldn’t be a problem, right?