• PJ Leading the Team out of the tunnel

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • Bodysurfing PJ in Lockerroom after a win

Votes: 26 22.2%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
If we catch lightning in a bottle this year and do incredible things, a statue of PJ outside TCF would be appropriate.

What pose of PJ would the statue be?

If you choose Bodysurfing PJ, please indicate if statue will have PJ with shoes on or shoes off.

Thanks!

Last edited:

What? Bernie, Bronko, and Bruce are still waiting for their statues.

What? Bernie, Bronko, and Bruce are still waiting for their statues.

Well, we can talk about that at a later date.

This thread is about PJ (and possible Heather).

The chart has to be included. What a work of art that was.

It has to be leading the team out of the tunnel in full out sprint mode.

Seeing how his sprinting is so popular around here it’s the only way to go.

Well, as long as the statue talks and let’s him tell us who he is reciting the Farmers Alliance.... a cornerstone of his culture:

“The Farmers Alliance is the trust part of our organization. 100% honesty all the time.
You see there is two parts to lying and a lot of people, a lot of human beings, are really good at these two things.
There is Omission and Comission. Omission is really kind of omitting some of the truth and then giving you some of the truth. Omitting some of the truth giving you some of the truth. Either way it is flat out lying. Same with Comission. That just means you completely lie. You must be 100% honest within our culture all the time.”

And the over/under of PJ showing us how important this is to him ... what? 100/1000?
A couple to get us going: Year Zero, Youngest Team, 9 seniors, paycut to take the job, telling his family sometimes you gotta sacrifice switching jobs, top 25 recruiting class, winning 4 of 5, and so many more examples.

I'm fine with the embrace statue, but I want him the full banana outfit he wears.

I see you saw my suggestion from the "Keeping PJ Fleck at Minnesota" thread posted at 9:11 this evening.

The statue made need to focus on PJ and Heather possibly with some small children to spotlight their charity work.

Maybe even a mother solo statue located in a different area of the stadium of just PJ.

If we build a statue of PJ it should be made entirely of recycled oars.

The chart has to be included. What a work of art that was.

A Dilbert like statue of him holding up his famous chart with an inscription, "Failure Is Growth".

I think they should erect statues of Barreiro and Reusse. For their, you know, achievements and such.

Wacker and Gutey were both Metrodome coaches.

Someone will need to take it up with US Bank Stadium if they want statues.

C1hKjV4XEAQiFIK.jpg

I'm speechless. The Elite-O-Meter week 8 is writing itself. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Yep.

Some of these posts are really over the top. Statue of Fleck???? Get real.

One second thought maybe Face Facts was just trying to have some fun.

Since we're over the top and having fun...

If we by some great football play and/or any other slate of uncertain variables beat both PSU and I-O-W-A...then for at least 2 weeks we'll have The Axe, The Pig, and The Bell in the Trophy Case together. Not quite statue building territory but certainly getting there.

To get The Jug into this mix can't happen till next year...and in 2020 we play both I-O-W-A and Wisky before we play Michigan. So the absolute latest to christen The Statue would be October 17, 2020...after getting Ws against these teams.

BTW...we'd still have The Broken Chair and The Bell...so maybe that should be the statue...Coach surrounded by all our trophies.

Still need to beat Rutgers tomorrow too...

I think the statue should be of PJ in a construction hat putting in a beam for the upper deck expansion, either that or holding a check showing a pay cut. :p

Double post

Last edited:

Nice thread. Plenty of pictures of PJ out there, but here's a couple other possibilities for inspiration.

Laying the beam for upper deck expansion after winning national championship:

construction-worker-steel-beam-922083.jpg

Notice Heather in the background tending to a child as well:

Jesus-and-the-Little-Children-Vogel-von-Vogelstein.jpg

PJ scoring an 18 on his ACT:

7b8e16_fcc7e161991f476295e08446007209ea~mv2.webp

Should be kneeling, staring intently with sunglasses at some object in the distance, maybe the Jumbotron and placed at the center of the tunnel entrance so players can rub the melon for luck as they enter the field.

It has to be leading the team out of the tunnel in full out sprint mode.

Seeing how his sprinting is so popular around here it’s the only way to go.

What would the statues 40 time be?

Top Bottom