Rewatching Nebraska game...

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
Dominant at every aspect of the game.

The push of the offensive line was apparent play after play.

Without the heating coils in the field, I don’t think the footing would have resulted in such a domination. Without, no great push. Great decision.

I thought they removed the coils to save money. ;);)

Why would they need heating coyles if the ground wasn’t frozen? I don’t know how that would improve footing in those conditions. Good drainage, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, we were dominant. Let’s hope we do it 6 more regular season times and explode into the playoffs.

LOL...loved the first video...not pushing his players around?

Why would they need heating coyles if the ground wasn’t frozen? I don’t know how that would improve footing in those conditions. Good drainage, yes.

If you have solid precipitation you turn them on. Standard operating procedure. Costs about $5. Understand and learn.

If you have solid precipitation you turn them on. Standard operating procedure. Costs about $5. Understand and learn.

I don’t think there was enough cumulative snow to affect footing much. Rain would have been worse.

I'm hardly a connoisseur of line play, but it was clear who was going to win this game about 3 offensive and defensive plays in.

He’s in over his head. Should have stayed at UCF for a few more years.

He’s in over his head. Should have stayed at UCF for a few more years.

I'll put this in for preposterous statement of the day. His alma mater job opened up and he took it. He'll be just fine there. Just needs more recruiting cycles to get the athletes he needs and some depth. Then we'll see what he can do.

And to be honest, what he said on the sports show (in the twitter comment) was that after re-watching the tape it wasn't as bad as he thought. That it had more to do with players out of position and not doing their job. I'm no coach, so I can't argue one way or the other. But it sure looked like a lot of pushing around to me.

I'll put this in for preposterous statement of the day. His alma mater job opened up and he took it. He'll be just fine there. Just needs more recruiting cycles to get the athletes he needs and some depth. Then we'll see what he can do.

And to be honest, what he said on the sports show (in the twitter comment) was that after re-watching the tape it wasn't as bad as he thought. That it had more to do with players out of position and not doing their job. I'm no coach, so I can't argue one way or the other. But it sure looked like a lot of pushing around to me.

Hook, line, and sinker. Nice set up PitinoFan!

If that’s the case, Frost and his staff were clueless as to what was happening in the game.

Anyway...of course he couldn’t turn down the job, but I stand by what I said. He’s in over his head. A deer in the headlights.

If that’s the case, Frost and his staff were clueless as to what was happening in the game.

Anyway...of course he couldn’t turn down the job, but I stand by what I said. He’s in over his head. A deer in the headlights.

He's halfway through his second year....did you say they same about PJ at that point in his tenure here?

Yes and no.

The Gophers had 10 running plays over 10 yards and longer, 8 of them in the second quarter when we racked up the majority of our rushing yards.

On the other side, Neb held the Gophers to 3 yards or less on 19 rushing attempts for a total of 19 yards, not counting the two take-the-knee at the end. Neb did allow 107 yards on 24 rushes in the second half, one being 21 yards, for an average of 4.5 yd.

Yes, there were numerous times when the RB's had the lanes to get long runs and then times when Neb played the run very well.

He's halfway through his second year....did you say they same about PJ at that point in his tenure here?

Yes, I did, and that was probably shortsighted. It’s hard to compare the two situations. Frost has a lot more talent on his team than PJ had to work with last year, and Frost’s situation is a little different, considering the higher expectations, and his history with the program.

Dominant at every aspect of the game.

The push of the offensive line was apparent play after play.

Without the heating coils in the field, I don’t think the footing would have resulted in such a domination. Without, no great push. Great decision.

Not sure that the coils were needed. Our metal bleacher was just wet most of the night.

The thing that didn't get much play was the wind. Old Glory was straight out blowing into the stadium. Nebraska kickers especially had trouble kicking the ball from beyond a 30yd FG in warm ups.

And I'm convinced the deep shot to Bateman was over thrown because of the wind. It definitely impacted the game on the west half of the field and made the Gophers success rushing the ball so much more important.

I think the closer the Gophers got to the students (east end) the less wind there was.

Also because of the wind I was surprised the Gophers picked the 4th to head into the wind. Nebraska won the toss and we got to pick the direction....it ended up not.mattering. but I didn't understand PJ on that one. Normally that makes sense to head into the loudest part of the stadium for the 4th but not this past Saturday.

It was a surreal experience to see the Gophers thoroughly dominate Nebraska again ...2nd time in 2 games at TCF. And this one felt more dominating for sure.

Rare times in Dinkytown!! Go Gophers!! Beat Rutgers.

Not sure that the coils were needed. Our metal bleacher was just wet most of the night.

The thing that didn't get much play was the wind. Old Glory was straight out blowing into the stadium. Nebraska kickers especially had trouble kicking the ball from beyond a 30yd FG in warm ups.

And I'm convinced the deep shot to Bateman was over thrown because of the wind. It definitely impacted the game on the west half of the field and made the Gophers success rushing the ball so much more important.

I think the closer the Gophers got to the students (east end) the less wind there was.

Also because of the wind I was surprised the Gophers picked the 4th to head into the wind. Nebraska won the toss and we got to pick the direction....it ended up not.mattering. but I didn't understand PJ on that one. Normally that makes sense to head into the loudest part of the stadium for the 4th but not this past Saturday.

It was a surreal experience to see the Gophers thoroughly dominate Nebraska again ...2nd time in 2 games at TCF. And this one felt more dominating for sure.

Rare times in Dinkytown!! Go Gophers!! Beat Rutgers.

They probably wanted the wind in the third quarter because they had the chance to put them away early

[/b]

Yes, I did, and that was probably shortsighted. It’s hard to compare the two situations. Frost has a lot more talent on his team than PJ had to work with last year, and Frost’s situation is a little different, considering the higher expectations, and his history with the program.

I believe you're being shortsighted on Frost as well. Offensively, I would agree with you, Frost has more to work with now than PJ had when he started at the U, but defensively I would not. The Gophers D had quite a bit of talent when PJ started and still does, he's brought in more, but there are still many on the D who were here before PJ arrived, the Neb. defense has been bad for quite some time.

I believe you're being shortsighted on Frost as well. Offensively, I would agree with you, Frost has more to work with now than PJ had when he started at the U, but defensively I would not. The Gophers D had quite a bit of talent when PJ started and still does, he's brought in more, but there are still many on the D who were here before PJ arrived, the Neb. defense has been bad for quite some time.

We’ll see. I’m not expecting him to reach the lofty expectations any time soon. They were preseason ranked after a 4-8 season and some mentioned them as possible CFP contenders, and look at where they’re at.

Nebraska’s offense has underachieved all season, other than the Illinois game. Their defense has improved.

Last edited:

For all the criticism that coaches get for underselling their teams and talent and chances, Frost is an example of why coaches do exactly that. He has over promised, and so far he has under delivered.

This year's preseason ranking was partly because of how strong Nebraska finished last year, but also partly because Frost puffed out his chest. If he'd downplayed things a bit more, I don't think Cornhusker fans would be in such throes of despair right now.

Top Bottom