Blue Ribbon projections of Gophers non-conference opponents

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Gophers are picked to finish 11th in the Big Ten by Blue Ribbon. Their non-conference opponents:

Cleveland State 10th (last) in Horizon League

Oklahoma 9th in Big XII

Butler 8th in Big East

Utah 7th in Pac 12

Central Michigan 2nd in MAC West

North Dakota 7th in Summit League

DePaul 10th (last) in Big East

Clemson 13th in ACC

Oklahoma State 8th in Big XII

FIU 7th in Conference USA

I'm still very down (cool) with this schedule. I'll say at least 2 will make the NCAA Tournament (the Oklahoma schools the best bets), and several more (Butler, DePaul, FIU) will be a lot better than anticipated.

Gophers are picked to finish 11th in the Big Ten by Blue Ribbon. Their non-conference opponents:

Oklahoma 9th in Big XII

Butler 8th in Big East

Utah 7th in Pac 12

Clemson 13th in ACC

I'm still very down (cool) with this schedule. I'll say at least 2 will make the NCAA Tournament (the Oklahoma schools the best bets), and several more (Butler, DePaul, FIU) will be a lot better than anticipated.

Thanks for posting that! I agree, it's a good schedule.

I always liked the Blue Ribbon book because it took such a broad sweep of college buckets and I love that. However, if there is a comparison to food, they are kind of like the Old Country Buffet that offers every food under the sun but none of it is that good. Same with Blue Ribbon on their analysis. I would guess they know the blue bloods pretty darn well but beyond that I don't think they offer a great assessment of the rank and file teams- it's more of a what were they last year and what did they lose. If you don't get top 25-top 50 type recruits they don't know what to make of it.

Thanks for posting that! I agree, it's a good schedule.

I always liked the Blue Ribbon book because it took such a broad sweep of college buckets and I love that. However, if there is a comparison to food, they are kind of like the Old Country Buffet that offers every food under the sun but none of it is that good. Same with Blue Ribbon on their analysis. I would guess they know the blue bloods pretty darn well but beyond that I don't think they offer a great assessment of the rank and file teams- it's more of a what were they last year and what did they lose. If you don't get top 25-top 50 type recruits they don't know what to make of it.

Blue Ribbon compared to Old Country Buffet?

That's one I've never heard before. I seriously have to question if you've ever read it. They're more than fair & thorough with all the teams and conferences, not just the bluebloods.

Blue Ribbon compared to Old Country Buffet?

That's one I've never heard before. I seriously have to question if you've ever read it. They're more than fair & thorough with all the teams and conferences, not just the bluebloods.

Sorry. I used to get them every year and I still like to hear what they have to say. I just think that you can only expect so much depth from a publication that does every team. They do it the best of anyone, no doubt about that. Anyway, I am thankful that you posted it and for your contribution here!

Many of these non conference opponents give us opportunities at wins as well as upper tiered victories. I like the way the gophers put together their schedule this year.

Oklahoma 9th in Big XII

Butler 8th in Big East

Utah 7th in Pac 12

Clemson 13th in ACC

And you project us to finish 11th in the B1G. Not every projection is correct.

Oklahoma 9th in Big XII

Butler 8th in Big East

Utah 7th in Pac 12

Clemson 13th in ACC

Oklahoma to me is a mystery, but I absolutely agree about Oklahoma St. There was some good, young talent on that team last year. I think they'll be an NCAA tournament team. I didn't realize people were so low on Clemson this year. I know they lost some veteran mainstays, but they are adding Tevin Mack. I'm guessing they'll be better than 13th. I'm also happy about this schedule. Cleveland St looks to be the only potential NET killer (300+).

Oklahoma to me is a mystery, but I absolutely agree about Oklahoma St. There was some good, young talent on that team last year. I think they'll be an NCAA tournament team. I didn't realize people were so low on Clemson this year. I know they lost some veteran mainstays, but they are adding Tevin Mack. I'm guessing they'll be better than 13th. I'm also happy about this schedule. Cleveland St looks to be the only potential NET killer (300+).

Yep, I'm a little surprised Oklahoma is projected so low in the Big XII, but the Big XII is a beast. I really don't think the league has any dogs, top to bottom.

Fighting Sioux the only other opponent (in addition to Cleveland State) I think could be a NET killer. But that's pretty good for a major conference school if you only end up with a couple NET killers on your schedule.

3 man weave.com. Has best team overall top to bottom NCAA division one team and conference previews... 3 intelligent and entertaining college hoop junkies who put out great stuff for free and also are not afraid to put some of their own green on their opinions

3 man weave.com. Has best team overall top to bottom NCAA division one team and conference previews... 3 intelligent and entertaining college hoop junkies who put out great stuff for free and also are not afraid to put some of their own green on their opinions

3 Man Weave is top shelf as well. Best there is on Twitter.

Top Bottom