Sid: Gophers attendance numbers "are way up" increase of 5,329 fans per game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Sid: Gophers attendance numbers "are way up" increase of 5,329 fans per game

per Sid:

Jottings

• The Gophers football team averaged 37,915 fans per game last season, but through four games this season those numbers are way up as the Gophers have averaged 43,244 fans through four games at TCF Bank Stadium. That’s an increase of 5,329 fans per game. Last year, in all of college football, only five schools saw attendance increase that much. And the Gophers still have Maryland, Penn State and Wisconsin at home.

http://www.startribune.com/receiver...ting-to-look-like-their-old-selves/563249072/

Go Gophers!!

Well what do you know? It's almost like winning helps a once subpar program suddenly become more watchable for people.

The team being good and the University admitting their former ticketing strategy was flawed are the reasons behind it

43,000 is a big step up but still quite a bit of room to improve still

Well what do you know? It's almost like winning helps a once subpar program suddenly become more watchable for people.

Schedule also helped this year, with South Dakota State, Nebraska and Wisconsin all being really big road draws. Iowa is likely the only good road draws we will have in 2020, so we will need to bring in more home fans to maintain momentum.

Good to hear. In a few years they expand the stadium to 80,000 seats (I read somewhere that the stadium plans have the ability to expand to 80k) and then it's off to the races and multiple national championships. Gotta have dreams.

Our season ticket waiting list is the envy of athletic directors nationwide!

Starting fairly low helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I are long time season ticket holders. When at the games, because it seems it's never reported, I take note of the numbers in the student sections on the end of the stadium. I'm almost always disappointed in the turnout.

After my military stint, I enrolled at the U, and one of the first things I did after paying my fee statement was to get my punch ticket to football, basketball, and hockey games. Today's students, for the most, don't make Gopher Football a priority in any way. Very disappointing.

Top Bottom