anybody seen the Stewartville running back, Buri?

swingman

Reaction score
unbelievable numbers for the junior

I actually just watched him play tonight. One of my long-time football mentors is an assistant/running backs coach and raves about him. I wanted to watch a game to see Buri and their team.

He had a big night and I came away impressed. Buri scored six touchdowns and showed off nice vision during a TD run. One of the other scores forced him to hit the edge hard and accelerate. That's one thing I wanted to see from him. He's a big back, but his skill-set features agility, shiftiness and strength.

I was actually most impressed with his receiving skills. He has great hands and brought in several grabs off screens and passes in the flat. He is tough to bring down on first contact. His athletic testing and game reminds me of a young Boise State/Vikings RB Alexander Mattison.

unbelievable numbers for the junior

Last edited:

He doesn't go down easily.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6173685/5d92306cc123e91398894387' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

I see some things i like in his highlights, but he seems to lack speed to pull away from high school kids. He’s pretty big. Maybe if he shows up at 225 lbs he won’t need elite speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran for 340 and 6 tds tonight, tough kid. Visiting Iowa this week, prolly a walkon type player at best.

For what it's worth, I work with his mom.

I hope he camps with the Gophers, he seems to be the type of kid capable of earning an offer, the level of competition raises questions.

He looks like a really good football player. I think it depends upon whether or not he has position flexibility. He is not fast enough to be a Big 10 RB, in my opinion.

He doesn't run away from people.

He doesn't go down easily.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6173685/5d92306cc123e91398894387' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

The crown of the field at 4:42 of this video is the most pronounced I've ever seen.

As for Buri - I love to see a runner shed tacklers, and he does that a lot. It's like they're trying to tackle a greased pig. Marion Barber III was that way, too.

Top Bottom