• Thank God It's Rutgers Week -My Stove burnt last weekend Hot

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • On to third bottle of Tabasco Hot

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I'm Closet Badger Fan I've cooled on them

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

My favorite part of being bowl bound is how I didn't even realize the Gophers were bowl eligible until the AD emailed me on Sunday and reminded me of it. It never occurred to me to even consider if the Gophers would be bowl eligible. Sights were on bigger things. That's pretty awesome :)

I have already told my wife that I will go into debt when the Gophers play in the Rose Bowl. I will pay whatever it takes to be there. I will stand on the corner of Colorado Blvd and Madison and piss on a stuffed Bucky doll. I will kiss William Shatner on the lips...and like it.

I have already told my wife that I will go into debt when the Gophers play in the Rose Bowl. I will pay whatever it takes to be there. I will stand on the corner of Colorado Blvd and Madison and piss on a stuffed Bucky doll. I will kiss William Shatner on the lips...and like it.

But what would you do that you don’t look forward to doing??

I wish people would have some fun but take it easy on the Rose bowl talk. We are miles miles from that. One thing I will say, if we were Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan State or Iowa given the same schedule and record, we would be ranked in the top 12 right now. There is reputation that we are lacking that. Barry Alverez gets Wisconsin at least 5 spots. We keep winning and get a bit of help, we will have a chance at new history. We are a good team.

Get in line.

Catching a cold so I need some really hot chilli just about now. Go Gophers beat Rugers!

My chili has cooled a bit this week, mostly because Nebraska was the first game I was a bit nervous about. That ended up being a totally incorrect assessment, so I'll chill my chili till Penn State where it will be used as the basis for Chernobyl 2

It's not hot at all. This is a only bad things can happen week. I'd rather be the underdog.

I was just wondering - do we have our own official Golden Gopher chili recipe?

I was just wondering - do we have our own official Golden Gopher chili recipe?

1 - Onion
1 - Bell Pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 - cans diced tomatoes
1.5 lb of ground badger or hawkeye meat
2-3 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
Add pepper and cumin to taste

Turned burner back down to simmer...

1 - Onion
1 - Bell Pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 - cans diced tomatoes
1.5 lb of ground badger or hawkeye meat
2-3 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
Add pepper and cumin to taste

Not bad, but please remember that all Minnesota/midwestern chili includes kidney beans. This ain't Texas chili, after all! Dark red beans, light red beans, and maybe some black beans, too.

Also, I'd add a little ground ginger, a bit of paprika, plus maybe a dash of cayenne — more if you like it spicy.

Then taste it; if it seems to need a little sweetening, add a teaspoon of brown sugar or a little Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce.

Don't forget the garlic bread to go with it...

Not bad, but please remember that all Minnesota/midwestern chili includes kidney beans. This ain't Texas chili, after all! Dark red beans, light red beans, and maybe some black beans, too.

Also, I'd add a little ground ginger, a bit of paprika, plus maybe a dash of cayenne — more if you like it spicy.

Then taste it; if it seems to need a little sweetening, add a teaspoon of brown sugar or a little Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce.

Don't forget the garlic bread to go with it...

I'm thinking we should have a Gopher Hole Dad Gum Chili Cookoff, winner gets to the the Official Dad Gum Chili for the year.

What the h@ll I turned the stove off and my chili is still steaming! I can't stop my hand from clicking refresh on this site... All this and it's Rutgers week. I can't imagine what I'll be like if we are 8-0 leading up to the Penn State game...

Bowl eligible? Just a coincidence we eat chili out of a bowl? My chili is bowl eligible hot.

I don't know what I just said there, but it sounded good in my head. I need to tell my head to shut up.

Mostly excited to see some guys pad stats and see some backups get real time vs an apparently demotivated, distracted Rutgers team that seemed interested in just getting the game over as soon as possible last week. If this were to go sideways....well I don’t want think about it. Chili is in the fridge for next week.

Top Bottom