Week 8 Other Games Thread

Purdue returns an INT to the 9 yard line. Chance to make it a one score game.

Illini just made it a one score game

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Illinois withing 6. That would be a huge upset.

I don’t at all understand the kicking a fg from brohm there

I don’t at all understand the kicking a fg from brohm there

They weren't going to score a td. Their qb look awful. So I'd have gone field goal to have some momentum and get a score. Doesn't look like they could score 10 more points in another 4 quarters, so I'd guess this one is over.

Wisconsin defense gives up 14 to Illinois offense. Our defense gives up 3. Minnesota Defense > Wisconsin Defense.

If it were only that easy.

They weren't going to score a td. Their qb look awful. So I'd have gone field goal to have some momentum and get a score. Doesn't look like they could score 10 more points in another 4 quarters, so I'd guess this one is over.

So you’d rather try get 130 yards and a TD and FG plus hold Iowa twice versus get 10 yards and one 70 yard TD drive with one stop? I just can’t see justifying the call

Let's not count Purdue out, we know they're capable of executing a successful onside kick!

So you’d rather try get 130 yards and a TD and FG plus hold Iowa twice versus get 10 yards and one 70 yard TD drive with one stop? I just can’t see justifying the call

well look at that drive. They get a big turnover and then almost give it back on the first play. So after a disastrous 3 plays, I can't see how going for it on 4th down helps anything. Score, count it as a positive and move forward. But just a difference in opinion...

I know some people in this thread have called Plummer a chump in this thread, but he has made some big throws today against a good Iowa defense. Purdue back in the red zone.

well look at that drive. They get a big turnover and then almost give it back on the first play. So after a disastrous 3 plays, I can't see how going for it on 4th down helps anything. Score, count it as a positive and move forward. But just a difference in opinion...

Fair enough. We’ll see if they can finish off a comeback. Going to have to score a TD someday

Poor coach Brohm f'ed it up again. I wonder if he'll brush by Ferentz too.

I haven't seen a coach berate an official like that, for a call that clearly was right, since our buddy Bo Pelini.

Breaking: Illinois and Purdue still, unfortunately, Illinois and Purdue

Illinois has a legit catch taken away but Lovie has no challenges.

Edit: wait, if Lovie is out of challenges, how do we get an official review here? I thought those only happened in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Illinois within 2. Fighting Lovies playing well on homecoming!

Another beautiful call by Brohm. QB Sneak and 1st and goal at the 8.

Illinois has a legit catch taken away but Lovie has no challenges.

Edit: wait, if Lovie is out of challenges, how do we get an official review here? I thought those only happened in the last 2 minutes of the game.

That's the pro's. In college, any play can be reviewed if the ref in the sky buzzes down.

Illinois pick!!! First down near 50 with 2:30 to go!

Top Bottom