Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ESPN Predicts When Country’s 12 Undefeated Teams Will Lose (MN: Nov 9 vs PSU)

per Andrew:

10. Minnesota: Nov. 9 vs. Penn State

https://thespun.com/college-football...eams-will-lose

Go Gophers!!

They really went out on a limb with those predictions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mnhoopboy View Post
    They really went out on a limb with those predictions.
    Really. We may as well shut down the regular season. No upsets will happen in the next 8 weeks.

10. Minnesota: Nov. 9 vs. Penn State

I'm looking ahead to this one. That's the game the rubber hits the road.
    Dux Servus

TBH I think regardless of how next two games play out, we smoke Penn State! Nothing about them screams better than us.

Blog Entries

ESPN Really?

Bulletin Board for Maryland. The Gophers don't match well with Maryland's speed the last couple of games. Superbowl for Rutgers. Anything can happen. Upsets happen when least expected.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherFanatic19 View Post
    TBH I think regardless of how next two games play out, we smoke Penn State! Nothing about them screams better than us.
    Can't agree. They looked really good to me the few times I've watched them and their overall talent level is a step ahead of us. We do get them at home, so that will help and the players very well may be amped and outplay their talent. But in a neutral site, Penn St would and should be favored over us.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Herbstreit would never pick against his beloved Buckeyes or his go to teams in Alabama, Oklahoma and Clemson. He is a true homer to his school and where his bread is buttered.

Wisconsin will most likely beat Ohio State and screw up his wet dream!

No upsets picked at all, and I'm not even talking about the South Carolinas of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherFanatic19 View Post
    Penn State is a really good team. We may be able to beat them but I highly doubt we will be in a position to smoke them. I am very curious to see how they do against Michigan and Michigan State in the next two weeks.

And having a tough time seeing why people are up in arms some about these predictions from ESPN. As they relate to the Big Ten they make a ton of sense as Ohio State looks like they will be really tough to beat this year with the way they are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    ESPN Really?

Bulletin Board for Maryland. The Gophers don't match well with Maryland's speed the last couple of games. Superbowl for Rutgers. Anything can happen. Upsets happen when least expected.
    By definition, upsets only happen when they're unexpected. They wouldn't be upsets if they were expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Can't agree. They looked really good to me the few times I've watched them and their overall talent level is a step ahead of us. We do get them at home, so that will help and the players very well may be amped and outplay their talent. But in a neutral site, Penn St would and should be favored over us.
    Penn St. will be favored over us here.

Blog Entries

Lots of people, both locally and nationally commenting about "Minnesota Gophers could be 8-0" but absolutely nobody anywhere is saying "Minnesota Gophers could be 9-0"

That's all you need to know about the match up with Penn State.

Not to be negative, but I say if we played Penn State 10 times we would maybe win 3 of them.
    But 30% chance of winning aint that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGoph55 View Post
    Not to be negative, but I say if we played Penn State 10 times we would maybe win 3 of them.
    But 30% chance of winning aint that bad.
    not sure that's true. What do we really know about them? Most of our perspective comes from their dismantling of Maryland, but I don't know that we can draw any conclusions.

Penn State will be favored, and rightly so. Barring something happening in the next 2 games though, I think we have a chance. 8-0, packed stadium, possibly some Minnesota Weather on our side, perfect recipe for some magic.

If the game was away, I would only really be looking for the team to keep it close, but at home with how we've been improving I think something special could happen.