Golden Dunkers Fun Raiser - Watch practice/Eat dinner with team

GopherBlood777

Reaction score
Got randomly messaged by their twitter page to register for this event and ended up doing it just for the heck of it and brought my daughter. There was approximately 50 - 75 people who attended so it had a pretty cool feel because I did not feel crowded in any way. Watched practice at Williams and was able to sit wherever we wanted. Showed up about 45 minutes early and they had no problem with it. Most of the practice was 5 on 5 or 5 on 0 on both ends, then they would merge the groups and run what they were trying to do individually. Marcus Carr did not compete in any 5 on 5, apparently he is going through concussion protocol not sure why. Curry on sidelines just kind of dribbling the ball around trying to cheer on his team, Pitino says out for season. I think Mbakwe was hanging out courtside for a bit when we got there. Guys really compete out there, intensity was high which made a practice entertaining for the most part. Took a group photo on court with team and coaches once practice was over. Served dinner in club room after talk from Pitino. Said most of the same stuff he has been saying all off season, however was incredibly positive about 2020 recruiting basically saying don't hate on who we haven't gotten, know we are getting all of our top targets. He could be championing his two recent commitments, or be implying he is in very good shape with Garcia who is obviously his #1 target. Also said MSU and Maryland were clear favorites, but conference wide open after that. Dinner was pretty good actually and very filling, players and coaches sit with you. We sat at a table with Rob Jeter, pretty nice guy very willing to answer questions on whatever. Talked briefly with Oturu, Omerssa, and Willis. Daughter got a couple autographs and a photo with Willis and had a really good time. Overall pretty good experience and would probably do it again.

Thanks! Do you have a little info about the new guys? :) Anything you saw positive or negative in the practice on them? Great stuff on the recruiting...

Thanks! Do you have a little info about the new guys? :) Anything you saw positive or negative in the practice on them? Great stuff on the recruiting...

Ihnen and Williams definitely going to contribute this year. Greenlee and Freeman need to be better at doing multiple things. Freeman seems like a tough defender and rebounder but gets lost on offense sometimes. Greenlee got a lot of time at point due to Carr sitting out during 5 on 5 and didn't do too bad, but got himself into trouble from time to time. Ihnen and Williams just feel like they belong on the court and will get plenty of opportunity this year. Willis is solid and made some impressive plays. Demir got beat up a bit down low but also made some nice plays. Carr limited in action but tried to stay engaged, he gave his opinion on what he was seeing to the players on a regular basis. Overall I am very excited to see this group play. Also, Brady Rudrud was making more plays than Michael Hurt :D

That sounds like an awesome experience for hoops fans. I don't want to even think about what the donation would be for a similar expereince at Kentucky or Duke. Thanks for sharing Gopher Blood. When they were going 5 on 5 with both Carr and Curry out, who appeared to be the primary ball handlers for each team and the Power Forward oppostie Demir? Greenlee and Willis handling and Omersa matched up with Demir?

That sounds like an awesome experience for hoops fans. I don't want to even think about what the donation would be for a similar expereince at Kentucky or Duke. Thanks for sharing Gopher Blood. When they were going 5 on 5 with both Carr and Curry out, who appeared to be the primary ball handlers for each team and the Power Forward oppostie Demir? Greenlee and Willis handling and Omersa matched up with Demir?

The event was $75 for non golden dunkers members and $50 for current members. I don't get out to a lot of games so I didn't mind spending a little more than usual for something like this. Greenlee and Willis were generally the primary ball handlers with Williams getting in the mix. Omerssa did spend time guarding Demir as well as Oturu. They mixed and matched quite a bit so no one was guarding each other for too long. Pitino would frequently have them stop and start again as soon as he saw something that was off so it was almost hard to keep track. They were all moving the ball around the court very fast though and were looking to take open threes when they got them or be aggressive and drive to the basket. Oturu is feeling it from the top of the key :clap:

Ihnen and Williams definitely going to contribute this year. Greenlee and Freeman need to be better at doing multiple things. Freeman seems like a tough defender and rebounder but gets lost on offense sometimes. Greenlee got a lot of time at point due to Carr sitting out during 5 on 5 and didn't do too bad, but got himself into trouble from time to time. Ihnen and Williams just feel like they belong on the court and will get plenty of opportunity this year. Willis is solid and made some impressive plays. Demir got beat up a bit down low but also made some nice plays. Carr limited in action but tried to stay engaged, he gave his opinion on what he was seeing to the players on a regular basis. Overall I am very excited to see this group play. Also, Brady Rudrud was making more plays than Michael Hurt :D

Excellent! Thanks

Top Bottom