Gopher Bar at Rutgers?

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
Making my first road trip to Rutgers and am looking for a bar(s) where we can hope to see Gopher fans. Is Creative Charters going? Where will those folks be hanging out.

Ski u mah!

My understanding is there are few bars near the stadium.

My understanding is there are few bars near the stadium.

Looks like there is a concentration of bars very near the New Brunswick station and there are free shuttles from the station to the game before and after the game. So far I like the looks of Stuff Yer Face for pregame.

I was just out there and went to the Rutgers Maryland game. The bars are not close to the stadium. The campus is very spread out. We had to park at some lot out by the basketball arena and then take a bus to the stadium. They do sell beer at concessions.

Maybe go to the UMAA website and see if there are any ticket left for the tailgate party.

Local to RU area , and have many friends attending RU. One in particular did share that it’s homecoming for them so he’s expecting to get to bars early morning so you may experience rather busy /drunker bar experience than usual for an afternoon.

Last edited:

From looking online, most look like pretty typical trashy college bar. I’m leaning towards going to Stuff Yer Face before the game, as it possibly looks the least trashy. From there, it appears to be a 30 minute walk to the stadium. As referenced, there are shuttles from the train station and from the portion of campus that is just north/west of “downtown” NB.

Stuff Yer Face gets rather busy with students enjoying their fishbowls, hope you’re up for that type of crowd. Enjoy!

Wacouta & 7th streets...not sure about Rutgers��

Stuff Yer Face gets rather busy with students enjoying their fishbowls, hope you’re up for that type of crowd. Enjoy!

I wouldn't go to college football games if I didn't enjoy hanging around in crowds of college kids having fun :)

The bar scene next to Iowa's stadium was a blast last time we went with a pre-Halloween **** show at every bar.

Did one Gopher alumni tailgate at Wisconsin once, that was the total opposite experience, no vibe, no energy, octogenarians drinking moderately and talking quietly, no thanks.

Last edited:

I wouldn't go to college football games if I didn't enjoy hanging around in crowds of college kids having fun :)

The bar scene next to Iowa's stadium was a blast last time we went with a pre-Halloween **** show at every bar.

Did one Gopher alumni tailgate at Wisconsin once, that was the total opposite experience, no vibe, no energy, octogenarians drinking moderately and talking quietly, no thanks.

Thanks for the morning chuckle......sad but true

Top Bottom