Memphis Tigers new court design (picture)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Lol...

I'm fascinated by Memphis' all-in with Penny, on such a grand scale of recruiting, flash, and in your face attitude and how it's all going to coalesce. Seven top 125 recruits (five top 50ish) with two transfers and two holdover guards who averaged 20 over 20 minutes a game. . .that's going to be quite a balancing act. And when we've seen it work before (Kentucky, Duke, Michigan's Fab Five comes to mind), those teams were led by veteran, well established coaches. Not only is Penny a fresh face, but he's bombastic and headline grabbing (I can't recall a head coach ever calling a national championship title before) It'll be a wild ride, for sure.

Marginally better than Oregon's but still ugly. But I'm not a fan of our new one either.

Hopefully his coaching career is better than his playing career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully his coaching career is better than his playing career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was a consensus All-American, #3 pick in the draft, 4 time All Star, twice All NBA first team, and once All NBA third team. Injuries wrecked a career that was the n pace for the Hall if Fame. If he’s anywhere near the coach he was as a player, he’s this generation’s Coach K or Roy Williams.

He was a consensus All-American, #3 pick in the draft, 4 time All Star, twice All NBA first team, and once All NBA third team. Injuries wrecked a career that was the n pace for the Hall if Fame. If he’s anywhere near the coach he was as a player, he’s this generation’s Coach K or Roy Williams.
Not often does that happen, but we will certainly see.
A rookie coach getting the players he has (do we call these recruits "the blue dicks"?) is unusual. Knowing the past history of Memphis, something smells fishy (or is it "skanky?).
In any case, the court is very appropriate in this situation.

Top Bottom