Question for Rutgers Week Optimists

OddStack

Reaction score
After we go full on crush mode, who is the first player to play QB not named Tanner Morgan or Seth Green against the Scarlet Knights?

Last edited:

I'll be at the Maryland game and I'm all healed up after tweaking my knee at the start of the season.

The dream of Coach pulls out of shape fan from crowd to play QB is still alive...

I'll be at the Maryland game and I'm all healed up after tweaking my knee at the start of the season.

The dream of Coach pulls out of shape fan from crowd to play QB is still alive...

Hundreds (yes hundreds)* of GHers are eagerly anticipating seeing Slab taking snaps!

*Common Man via Trump

Hundreds (yes hundreds)* of GHers are eagerly anticipating seeing Slab taking snaps!

*Common Man via Trump

Well ... A snap ... not sure I'd survive a hit.

But damn it I'll take one for the team!

I know I can throw 40 yards + but unfortunately my athletic eligibility has expired.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I know I can throw 40 yards + but unfortunately my athletic eligibility has expired.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Mine too....perhaps we can try UNC; they're bad, we can take a mythical class and they don't care about rules.

After we go full on crush mode, who is the first player to play QB not named Tanner Morgan or Seth Green against the Scarlet Knights?

Santaga or Pickerign.

I was thinking about the same topic before the South Dakota game :rolleyes:

Last edited:

On the one hand, it'd be good to get the #2 some live game reps in case he's pressed into service this season. OTOH, if you'd like to preserve the redshirt, why waste a game now when you don't have to? That way if Tanner gets hurt during the last 4 games, the backup could play out the season and still RS.

If it were me, I'd probably say put in Green and run wildcat the rest of the game with Wiley and Williams. You could even have him throw a couple easy passes just to get that on film.

MGGoph--the first paragraph of yours is why I asked the question. If Morgan goes down, getting the true #2 snaps, is good and dangerous at the same time. Highwayman sees it too....at least that's my interp. of his answer.

I'd like to see the #2 guy get some snaps before he is really needed. No reason to have their first snaps come in a crucial game later.
If we are up 21 at the half I would give both Kramer and Clark some time with the first group to start the second half and then with the other back ups the rest of the way.
Slab you can take the last snap of the game when we go into Victory formation, just hang on to the snap!

Of course, you could play Clark 4 games and Kramer 4 games and preserve the red-shirts, as long as they don't play in the same game.

seeing as how there are 6 games left in the regular season, plus a bowl game - the Gophers could use one of the backups in every game for a few snaps without losing a year of eligibility. they could even use one of the backups in a potential Conference Championship game.

that is my feeling with the 4-game rule. Unless a player is simply not capable of playing in a college FB game at this point in his career (prompting the question of why the player was recruited in the first place) there is no good reason for not using every player on the roster for at least 4 games.

Even if it's only running down the field on a kickoff or punt. let them get out there and feel like part of the team. I'm not saying you pull some guy off the bench and throw him in the lineup in a crucial situation - but at least let them see some action.

I think they are fine with playing either Clark or Kramer.
At worst if Tanner would go down for the final five games, you could play one for 3-4 games the other for 2-3 games plus ZA would probably be back in time for a few games as well.

If you were really worried about it Seth Green could run a basic offense as well if we needed to preserve a redshirt.
With each game that passes, the solution becomes easier.

I just want to see the "Slab RPO" execution. I'm guessing he has his "Go To" fake which would confuse not only the AggieVision Announcers but several seniors in the stands. I'm all in on this. Make it happen PJ!!

I just want to see the "Slab RPO" execution. I'm guessing he has his "Go To" fake which would confuse not only the AggieVision Announcers but several seniors in the stands. I'm all in on this. Make it happen PJ!!

What are the chances a "Gophers land new recruit: Slab" blurb appears in Sid's column later this week?

Fleck talked about this at noon on KFAN. Unwilling to use up one of the 4 games a guy might be needed early just to get game experience. Doesn't think Annexstad will be able to go unless we have late bowl game and that is a maybe. So doesn't want to burn a year on a guy to get 10 minutes of garbage time now. Once we are down to final 4 games different story, or if Tanner gets hurt before final 4 games different story.

Top Bottom