Minnesota walk-on cracks depth chart

swingman

Reaction score
Congrats to Axel Ruschmeyer, walk on from Hutch/Holy Family, for cracking the two-deep at right guard for this week!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gophersports.com/documents/2019/10/14/10_15_19_Depth_Chart.pdf

Love all the upper classmen on the o-line...two fourth year Minnesota boys in Schlueter, Olson on the left side...third year Chicagoland guy Schmitz adding toughness at center...physically mature Dunlap looking better as he gets further into year two of being a starter...third year guy and Marshall's finest Blaise Andries looked great at right tackle; 5th year guy Dickson, 3rd year guys Umlor (former starter), Sassack, and Rushmeyer adding some more age and maturity in the room.

This is a week to rest starters in the 2nd half and get backups some significant playing time. I hope Fleck will have an open mind about that.

This is a week to rest starters in the 2nd half and get backups some significant playing time. I hope Fleck will have an open mind about that.

I'd like to see a third quarter of Kramer and a fourth of Clark.

Me 2, but PJ & Co. seem really averse to pulling starters even with the game in hand it seems. I suspect they want the starters to keep working the other team to get their reps in or something like that.

People forget that this happened against a horrible Rutgers team in 2016. That team had lost 78-0 to Michigan and 58-0 to OSU and was 0-4 in league play. Nearly the same date on the calendar. The Gophers just barely, barely won. At home.

Yes, I hope some 2nd teamers get to play this week. It's far from a given.

People forget that this happened against a horrible Rutgers team in 2016. That team had lost 78-0 to Michigan and 58-0 to OSU and was 0-4 in league play. Nearly the same date on the calendar. The Gophers just barely, barely won. At home.

I hope that this team has a steadier mindset. They have shown that they can pull out games late, and hopefully that is indicative of having the ability to prepare the right way for every game.

It should have gone without saying that my post #2 was predicated on being comfortably ahead in the 2nd half. I guess it still has to be said.

also, recall interim coach Jeff Horton taking a 1-9 team and knocking off Illini and #24 ranked Iowa in consecutive weeks. what makes college football fun is the unpredictability.

Yuck. We had to have our wedding on that day due to MEA (lot of teachers in the family) and I figured the Gophers would crush Rutgers. Up 21-3 when I had to get ready. Found out later on they won on a last second FG.

Good day overall.

I think this team is better than 2016, and Rutgers, believe it or not, is worse

but agreed, college football can be a strange game.

PJ Fleck said it best in his press conference.

"We don't EVER take winning for granted. Ever."

Fleck has said he won't be putting in the QBs if at all possible. I agree the line starters will benefit from more playing time as a unit.

Top Bottom