Penn St. - 11:00 Kickoff?

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
If both teams are 8-0 there will be a good chance that the game will be The Big Noon Saturday game. Which is usually the featured game on FOX.

Hope you are correct as I am still cold from Saturdays game.

It was a blast, but one night game is enough. Dreaming about an upset over Pedo St.

Once the calendar gets to November, I root for 11am games.

Honestly have we seen the sun yet this year? SDSU was sunny for the tailgate, but I think the kick-off was after sundown. Bad stretch as far as that goes, since last years Miami, OH game (sun was out full force), I think we have only seen it for the Northwestern game.

If it's a day game, Sunny Side and Anthracite will be our secret weapon of staying warm.

If both teams are 8-0 there will be a good chance that the game will be The Big Noon Saturday game. Which is usually the featured game on FOX.

Do we know if Fox/FS1/BTN have this game, or if ABC/ESPN does? That might also influence the chances of Gameday coming to Minneapolis.

Do we know if Fox/FS1/BTN have this game, or if ABC/ESPN does? That might also influence the chances of Gameday coming to Minneapolis.

It has not been announced. I believe Fox has the first choice.

I would say very little chance Gameday comes here as LSU vs. Alabama is that same week. You can kind of predict where they'll be. However, if they don't want to cover that game, there's not a lot else to choose from:
Clemson at NC State
Maryland at OSU
Iowa at Wisconsin
Kansas St at Texas

Edit, they're already doing Mich @ PSU, before this date, so now we're holding on to vs. WISC last week of the season.

Last edited:

I would say very little chance Gameday comes here as LSU vs. Alabama is that same week. You can kind of predict where they'll be. However, if they don't want to cover that game, there's not a lot else to choose from:
Clemson at NC State
Maryland at OSU
Iowa at Wisconsin
Kansas St at Texas

Edit, they're already doing Mich @ PSU, before this date, so now we're holding on to vs. WISC last week of the season.

I'd be very surprised if they want to come up to Minneapolis during thanksgiving weekend with the weather. They'd have some fun hockey shots if they wanted to include it though with playing UND that week as well

I'm guessing 330 slot on ABC as LSU/Bama will likely be primetime at 8 pm on CBS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's not a given who gets dibs that week. Fox gets 1st pick "most weeks" but ABC/ESPN do some weeks. I can't find anything that clarifies beyond that.

I'm guessing 330 slot on ABC as LSU/Bama will likely be primetime at 8 pm on CBS.

I just read that game day has been to every Tigers-Bama game except 1 since 2011. Crazy.

I'd be very surprised if they want to come up to Minneapolis during thanksgiving weekend with the weather. They'd have some fun hockey shots if they wanted to include it though with playing UND that week as well

They go to Michigan / OSU a lot on the same weekend and that's no trip to the beach. ESPN wants to come to Minnesota. It would be a great story. The Gophers need to earn it.

It's not a given who gets dibs that week. Fox gets 1st pick "most weeks" but ABC/ESPN do some weeks. I can't find anything that clarifies beyond that.
The only thing that is clear is that FOX gets first overall choice and they pick Osu/Mich every year.

You could assume ABC had first choice in 2 weeks with ND and Michigan, but who knows the week after.

CBS already use up it primetime slot on Notre Dame vs Georgia. So LSU/Bama likely a afternoon game. unless CBS make a deal with ESPN.

Which of ESPN and Fox has the first choice of games for the week of the Penn State game is unknown as far can be told. Circumstantial evidence via comments from a Fox Sports college football personality suggests that’s an ESPN weekend. Penn State at the Gophers and Iowa at Wisconsin are the two choice Big Ten games. You never can tell what will happen but none of the other Power 5 conferences have games right now that look as attractive as those two.

Barring either game ending up in prime time (ESPN gets 1 more, Fox can have 1 more but doesn’t have to) or Maryland at Ohio State getting picked before either game just because the Buckeyes are a legacy program with lots of nationwide fans, I’d venture our game goes to Fox and Hawkeyes-Badgers goes to ESPN because Wisconsin could be Top 5 and Iowa should still be ranked. As for the time slots, sometimes ESPN puts a big game on ABC at 11:00 AM instead of 2:30 PM. In such a scenario we’d likely go to 3:00 PM on Fox or FS1. However I’d say Iowa at Wisconsin is more likely a 2:30 PM game on ABC or ESPN with ours going to Fox at 11:00 AM. We shall see.

They go to Michigan / OSU a lot on the same weekend and that's no trip to the beach. ESPN wants to come to Minnesota. It would be a great story. The Gophers need to earn it.

based on?

And I know its no trip to the beach, but is marked warmer (about 7 degrees in Nov in Ann Arbor and about 10 degrees in Columbus) which goes a long way in making a more amenable production consistently.

Again, not saying they won't come. Just that I'd be surprised unless we're both undefeated or with 1 loss each and its for the west with CFP implications. Otherwise perhaps if there just isn't another game that weekend that is at all enticing (I have not looked)

Tony Gerdeman
@TonyGerdeman
So how is FOX's Big Noon Saturday going?

Red River Shootout on FOX at noon: 7,252,000 viewers

Florida at LSU on ESPN in prime time: 6,450,000 viewers.

It was ESPN's most-watched CFB game in two years.

From what i been told. the Nov 9th week is all but Espn 1st pick. Again i been told Fox has the 1st pick the last 3 week of the Big Ten season.

I remember reading about some scheduling restriction, that once we reach November, no more night games would be scheduled. Is this still a thing?

I remember reading about some scheduling restriction, that once we reach November, no more night games would be scheduled. Is this still a thing?

NO there can still be night games. but both schools must appove for a game to be move to night.

Last edited:

Top Bottom