POLL! - Rutgers - Fan Mindset Thread

What's your mindset facing Rutgers this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The fact that Maryland managed just 14 points against a terrible Purdue defense gives me some confidence for that game. Our defense should be able to limit them to just a few scores unless they really over perform what they did the last few weeks.

Over there last 3 non-Rutgers games, Maryland has totaled just 24 points.

I agree - the Gophers should not look ahead to Penn St as Maryland has handled us pretty well the last couple times we have played them. Here's a word of encouragement, though. The Gophers have been doing a great job in reversing some of their worst losses from a year ago and you can bet the Terps will have the team's full attention. Glad this one is at home.

I agree - the Gophers should not look ahead to Penn St as Maryland has handled us pretty well the last couple times we have played them. Here's a word of encouragement, though. The Gophers have been doing a great job in reversing some of their worst losses from a year ago and you can bet the Terps will have the team's full attention. Glad this one is at home.

One other factor that should help keep the Gophers from looking ahead to Penn State is the bye week after Maryland, so they just need to get through Maryland before getting two weeks to ramp up for the first real test of the year.

One other factor that should help keep the Gophers from looking ahead to Penn State is the bye week after Maryland, so they just need to get through Maryland before getting two weeks to ramp up for the first real test of the year.

I agree that Penn State is a very real and difficult test for this squad, yet we have passed some hard tests so far by beating SDSU, completing that 4th down against Fresno, and marching down the field against Georgia State.

Here’s my opinion on toughest games remaining:

At Iowa - Likely loss in Kinnick - tough to win there
Wisconsin - Likely loss, but the tube in me says we make it two in a row
PSU - I actually think this is a 50/50 game now
At Northwestern - road game + NW always seems to have our number
Maryland - won by a few touchdowns
At Rutgers - we could beat them running wildcat all game

My new prediction for the season is 10-2. I think we lose at Iowa and one of the WI/PSU games. I think I said 9-3 or 9-4 before the season. I think this game is better than a one win improvement over what I initially thought of them, but I also recognize Wisconsin has played light years better than I thought they would.

I'm guessing that light saber wielding ****hawk voted he is miserable.

Top Bottom