50+ Gophers confirmed:Alumni Tailgate 4 Rutgers Game.Passes 4 purchase till Friday!

anton176

Reaction score
I have been informed after such a fantastic registration, NYC alumni head extended tailgate pass purchase until Friday. I’ll be in attendance for both tailgate and game so wanted to pass along. Any questions feel free to ask!!! Ski-U-Mah!!

Some individuals are only buying tailgate pass and purchasing tickets on second market just an fyi!! Don’t miss out on Gopher east coast tailgate of the year
————
Gophers are 6-0! To celebrate a great start to the season, let’s celebrate with the release of Minnesota-Rutgers Football Ticket and Tailgate Promo Link (https://bit.ly/33vXckf) and Promo Code (MNALUM). Look for tickets in sections 121 and 120 〽️ Come join alumni, friends and fans on Saturday, October 19 at 12:30pm ET at SHI Stadium in New Jersey for a pre-game tailgate then head into the game at 3:30 ET to cheer on Gopher football in person
Join the NY/NJ/CT #UMN Alumni Network Tailgate for the Minnesota vs Rutgers Football Game on Saturday October, 19th.

Promo Link: https://bit.ly/33vXckf

Promo Code: MNALUM

Pre-game BBQ Tailgate to include:
Fresh brewed iced tea, pink lemonade, ice water, and assorted Coke products
All-beef 1/3 hamburgers and cheeseburgers, grilled veggie burgers, Thumann's all-beef franks, and barbecued chicken
Vegetarian New England style baked beans, sliced watermelon, and freshly baked cookies
Two drink tickets per person (over the age of 21)
Cash bar after drink tickets are redeemed (average of $6 per Miller Lite, Yuengling or premium wine selection)

Questions? Contact Amanda Rodriguez, NY/NJ/CT UMAA Network Leader
[email protected]

Last edited:

you had me at pink lemonade and ice water!

let's hope gopher fans travel well for this game.

Awesome, I can’t wait! I’m 20 mins from stadium! Where ppl coming in from?

I have been informed after such a fantastic registration, NYC alumni head extended tailgate pass purchase until Friday. I’ll be in attendance for both tailgate and game so wanted to pass along. Any questions feel free to ask!!! Sky-U-Mah!!

Some individuals are only buying tailgate pass and purchasing tickets on second market just an fyi!! Don’t miss out on Gopher east coast tailgate of the year
————
Gophers are 6-0! To celebrate a great start to the season, let’s celebrate with the release of Minnesota-Rutgers Football Ticket and Tailgate Promo Link (https://bit.ly/33vXckf) and Promo Code (MNALUM). Look for tickets in sections 121 and 120 〽️ Come join alumni, friends and fans on Saturday, October 19 at 12:30pm ET at SHI Stadium in New Jersey for a pre-game tailgate then head into the game at 3:30 ET to cheer on Gopher football in person
Join the NY/NJ/CT #UMN Alumni Network Tailgate for the Minnesota vs Rutgers Football Game on Saturday October, 19th.

Promo Link: https://bit.ly/33vXckf

Promo Code: MNALUM

Pre-game BBQ Tailgate to include:
Fresh brewed iced tea, pink lemonade, ice water, and assorted Coke products
All-beef 1/3 hamburgers and cheeseburgers, grilled veggie burgers, Thumann's all-beef franks, and barbecued chicken
Vegetarian New England style baked beans, sliced watermelon, and freshly baked cookies
Two drink tickets per person (over the age of 21)
Cash bar after drink tickets are redeemed (average of $6 per Miller Lite, Yuengling or premium wine selection)

Questions? Contact Amanda Rodriguez, NY/NJ/CT UMAA Network Leader
[email protected]

I will be in town for the game along with family and friends, and I would love to join fellow Gophers for a tailgate, but I'm not paying your absurd tailgate price.

P.S. It's Ski-U-Mah, "alum."

Appreciate the correction! Silly phone auto correct- posting at work.

I will be in town for the game along with family and friends, and I would love to join fellow Gophers for a tailgate, but I'm not paying your absurd tailgate price.

P.S. It's Ski-U-Mah, "alum."

Minnesota frugal at its finest!

$56 for a burger, cookie and two beers. What a deal!

What was communicated to me was that it’s a buffet style tailgate so ppl should have plenty to eat, not just one serving.
I will concur it is on pricier side of things. I believe association made contact with RU hospitality services who is providing the spread , and tailgate location in tailgate lot thus a premium charge. A map/ info will be emailed Friday to everyone who purchases a pass. Guess RU has to make money from some where with lackluster ticket sales. So why not gouge visiting fans. I’m sure they do more sales from PSU/OSU/Michigan game visiting fans alone than they do from RU fans all season

Would hope to see the day where a purely Gopher organized tailgate occurs for some of these games on East Coast but do know the alumni associations out here are a work in progress.

Last edited:

I don't think it's overly frugal to not want to spend $56 per person for a burger and a Coke.

I guess my point is that you didn't need to mention price. You could have graciously not posted anything or a simple, "I look forward to seeing my fellow Minnesota fans".

At no time did you consider the cost of the venue, rental equipment, staff, linens and other hard costs to put this together. To your point, any catering function is sure to be at a premium. If you figure you are there for 3 hours before the game and get to meet and mingle with someone that might become a new Gopher friend, well, think of the possibilities.

$56 tailgate fee
$40 parking
$5 tickets
Watching Minnesota go 7-0, PRICELESS

We paid $50 per person for the GLC tailgate at Williams on Saturday, but it was open bar. Definitely got our money's worth

This sounds great - getting fired up with fellow Gopher fans. I wish we were making the trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Little birdie told me Goldy will be making his rounds at the tailgate! Can’t wait to celebrate. Hope everyone is ready for the game.

Top Bottom