Fleck has 7 wins by 22 points or more over Power 5 teams

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
In 30 games, Fleck has won 7 games by a margin of 22 or more in just 31 total games

The previous 7 wins of 22 or more over Power 5 teams occurred from September 2004, to 2016, a period of over 150 games.

The winning margins are fun, but as lone as he keeps winning, I'll take them anyway they come. Going 9-0 big ten with a 1 point average margin of victory would be much better than 8-1 with a 30 point average margin of victory.

Yeah, this blowing chumps thing out is fun. 5 of the last 7 games against P5 teams have met this criteria, and the Gophers led Purdue by 22+ in the 4th quarter.

With that stat and our 2.29 yards per play differential for the season (4th in the Big Ten), I’m starting to be convinced this is all for real. Yeah, we had trouble with a couple inferior teams, but those things occasionally happen to the best teams. Georgia just got beat by a mediocre af S. Carolina team and Clemson almost lost to a team who got beat by Appalachian State a week earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I love is that we have looked better each week. Need to continue that trend in order to get to Indy.

In 30 games, Fleck has won 7 games by a margin of 22 or more in just 31 total games

The previous 7 wins of 22 or more over Power 5 teams occurred from September 2004, to 2016, a period of over 150 games.

Is that over 150 P5 games during that period?

Was first Gopher FB head coach since 1950 to get shutout back to back as well, a period of over 700 games.

Last edited:

Is that over 150 P5 games during that period?

Was first Gopher FB head coach since 1950 to get shutout back to back to back as well, a period of over 700 games.

Beautiful- won’t affect FTF adulation of everything PJ though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom