Where to watch the game--Bemidji, MN?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Will be in Bemidji all weekend and want to find a solid spot to watch the Gophers take on the Scarlet Knights.

Any advice? Google says Corner Bar, Slim's or Bunkhouse...trying to avoid Buffalo Wild Wings (and similar establishments)

Will be in Bemidji all weekend and want to find a solid spot to watch the Gophers take on the Scarlet Knights.

Any advice? Google says Corner Bar, Slim's or Bunkhouse...trying to avoid Buffalo Wild Wings (and similar establishments)

Ha, I will be in Bemidji myself... Will be out in the woods keeping up on the game as best I can, but IF I were to be in town, my choice is always The Corner Bar....

Fan interest will be spotty, but it is my favorite joint. BWW will have more sports minded fans and perhaps have the sound up though. Its your call. I will add that the Corner makes an awesome burger.

Last edited:

Ha, I will be in Bemidji myself... Will be out in the woods keeping up on the game as best I can, but IF I were to be in town, my choice is always The Corner Bar....

Fan interest will be spotty, but it is my favorite joint. BWW will have more sports minded fans and perhaps have the sound up though. Its your call. I will add that the Corner makes an awesome burger.

Corner Bar it is. Just need it on the TV, its better without announcers anyway.

Grouse and mallard hunting was good by Mizpah, per my kid's report. Getting to be too many Trumpeters.

I will second the Corner Bar. A dive bar in the best kind of way. Awesome burgers. Swung through there during my bachelor party back in the day - I'm kinda old so it has a new larger building since then. No idea of the actual Gopher fan interest there but I'm guessing the game will be on.

A wild card might be the Green Mill bar inside the Hampton Inn on the south shore of Lake Bemidji. Nice bar and incredible patio on the lake. No idea if they'll show the game there though.

I would recommend Bar 209. Red Stu's breakfast bar is also attached (same owner) and has Cinnamon Rolls the size of your head.
https://bar209bemidji.com/

Be sure to hit Bemidji Brewing before or after. There is also killer ramen down the street @ Bemidji Slurp Ramen. Tara Thai is also very good.

The NDSU / SDSU game is on at the same time and that will dominate the TVs, unfortunately.

I’ll try to do a first half/second half split. Bar 209 looks good also. Just need one TV to watch. Don’t need other fans. I’m loud enough on my own.

Honestly, hoping its a nice, easy victory. But when that happens I feel compelled to watch every down.

There's a few options, people have mentioned Corner Bar, which is a nice option if looking for a more dive type place. Simple meals, hamburger baskets. I'd definitely recommend Bar 209, though, great food there. Other spots are:

For BBQ, there's CK Dudley's which has a lot of good stuff on their menu, lounge has a lot of TVs.
Another spot, close to the Bemidji State campus, is The Bunkhouse, which is a bar with grill options but also serves breakfast all day.
If you're in the mood for Irish, you'll want to check out Brigid's Pub. Only a couple TVs but offers a good selection of Irish food like Shepard's Pie.
Mi Rancho is a really good Mexican place with plenty of TVs and they'll get the game you want on in most occasions.

If you ever do want to fall back on a chain the main options for game watching include Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebees and the Green Mill.

Also second Bemidji Brewing, solid beer selection and amazing pretzels.

Last edited:

Top Bottom