Jamal Mashburn Jr Announcement Day Thread

I take it you didn't see Ralph Sampson or Patrick Ewing or Michael Jordan or Len Bias?

Well, he did say "best college basketball player I've ever seen." I have no idea how old he is, so I don't know whether he saw any of those players, but took a guess that he's at least six months old and thus has seen Williamson play. But yes, absolutely, I would agree with all of those you stated along with many, many others. I think we can both agree that "[Jamal Mashburn] is the best college player I've ever seen" is an insanely idiotic statement. He wasn't even the best college player while he was in college.

I take it you didn't see Ralph Sampson or Patrick Ewing or Michael Jordan or Len Bias?

I will amend my statement to satisfy the resident AR. Mashburn was best player on the best team I've ever seen. I also saw none of the above play in college.

Last edited:

I will amend my statement to satisfy the resident AR. Mashburn was best player on the best team I've ever seen. I also saw none of the above play in college.

I don't even know what an "AR" is, but your statement was idiotic regardless of the person pointing it out.

And which of the teams that he played on was the best team you've ever seen? The one that missed the NCAA Tournament due to sanctions, the one that lost in the Elite Eight, or the one that lost in the Final Four?

Monster Mash is a great nickname and the old man was a great college player.

Top Bottom