Annexstad Injury

Jeshurun

King of the Too's
Reaction score
Anybody hear anything on Annexstad? Is he out for the whole year officially, or is there a chance we get him back at some point? I know he’s firmly QB2 at this point, but it would be nice to have him if Morgan gets dinged up.

PJ has been really quiet about it outside of when it happened.

I suspect this is at the request of / coordinated with Zack and his family.

Was wondering about Zach yesterday as well, after Morgan took a big hit, and was wondering who would come in in case of injury. Looks like Kramer is #2 on the depth chart right now. I'd rather not hand this season over to a freshman, even though I do like him as a prospect.

No sense rushing him. Didn't Shannon Brooks have a previous injury before re-injuring himself which set him back another year?

Anybody hear anything on Annexstad? Is he out for the whole year officially, or is there a chance we get him back at some point? I know he’s firmly QB2 at this point, but it would be nice to have him if Morgan gets dinged up.

I think we heard two weeks ago that he is out of the scooter and is able to throw now.

It would be nice to get him back for the last 2 or so games plus the bowl game in case Tanner goes down.

I think we heard two weeks ago that he is out of the scooter and is able to throw now.

It would be nice to get him back for the last 2 or so games plus the bowl game in case Tanner goes down.

He went out for the coin toss Saturday. He seemed quite mobile but he was still wearing a boot on his foot.

No sense rushing him. Didn't Shannon Brooks have a previous injury before re-injuring himself which set him back another year?

SB4 injured his ‘other’ knee in his comeback game. Not the same one as the time before. Not sure that can be contributed to coming back too soon? I’m not a doctor, but did recently stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am highly assuming ZA does the 4 game redshirt this year.

That would mean he would likely only be an option for the two CFP games, The BTT Game, and Wisconsin.

That would mean he would likely only be an option for the two CFP games, The BTT Game, and Wisconsin.

I'm assuming he does the zero game redshirt barring injury to Morgan.

I'm assuming he does the zero game redshirt barring injury to Morgan.

Well, just think how good our offense will be if we get our starter out there!!

Seriously however, next fall will be interesting to see what the QB ranking is (1-4)

Agree with both posts regarding the redshirt. If healthy he probably gets 4 games, sounds like it might take too long to get healthy so maybe he doesn't play at all.

Lol, I like the way you think.

Agree on this. I'm sure at this point a redshirt year is the goal. Even if cleared late in the year, and if the need arises, I don't believe you will see him on the field unless he is deemed 120% ready to go.

SB4 injured his ‘other’ knee in his comeback game. Not the same one as the time before. Not sure that can be contributed to coming back too soon? I’m not a doctor, but did recently stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

No but he didn’t get to ease back in. He wasn’t in game shape. The conditions weren’t great, but he carried the ball 22 times before going down with a new injury. Might have happened the next week, but should have been held to the same 16 touches (well 18) that was described before his return this year.

Great question, and given how close to the vest this staff plays injury news, we'll likely not know a thing until Annexstad returns to an open practice or dresses for a game. If he's never medically cleared, he'll likely get that 6th year granted down the road if he wants it. If he's cleared, he'll obviously vault right into the backup role and be able to use the 4 game RS rule (which is an amazing rule change, btw).

If he gets an extra year he could back up Morgan for 2020 and 2021 then have a year left in 2022?

Isnt morgan one of the best statistical quarterbacks in the country? Do we really think Annexstad would be playing better? If so, ZA would almost have to be a Heisman candidate.

He won’t get an extra year (unless he had another year long injury later) as this is his first year redshirting.

Isnt morgan one of the best statistical quarterbacks in the country? Do we really think Annexstad would be playing better? If so, ZA would almost have to be a Heisman candidate.

I don’t think anyone has said that. I started this thread because it would be nice to have him available as a backup.

I don’t think anyone has said that. I started this thread because it would be nice to have him available as a backup.

I was reacting to the suggestion by someone else that it will be interesting to see where we land 1-4 next year. I think 1 should be not in controversy at this point.

Top Bottom