Did you attend the Gopher-Nebraska Game?

Did you attend the Gophers-Nebraska Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Galt

Reaction score
Curious as to how many GHers were at the game...

My wife and I spent our 17 year anniversary at the game!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge Gopher fan and previous long-time season ticketholder but it's been a few years since my last attended game (Fall youth activities, etc.). I gotta say, I was really impressed with the tailgaiting scene in comparison to the first few years at TCF. I've seen a lot of negative posts here about tailgaiting so my expectations were low, but my group had a hell of a time.

Did the annual guys night with my brother and his two 14 year old sons. Gave my ST to a buddy from Missouri (HATES Nebby) who eventually joined us where my brother had the seats.

I made it for my first game of the year. In recent years I’ve made it to one game per year, as I live in Duluth and have two young children. I’m hoping to make it to Penn St and Wisconsin this year as well.

There was a nice crowd considering how bad the weather was. There were a lot of Nebraska fans, who all seemed decent. We tried to get a “Fire Frost” chant going in the second half, hoping Nebraska fans nearby would join in. We didn’t have any luck.

Last edited:

We were there. Stayed til the beautiful finish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife and I spent our 17 year anniversary at the game!!

Awesome! It wasn't our anniversary, but My wife and I went. Great game! Did not even feel cold till I was leaving the stadium. Dominant performance by our Gophers!

Nebraska fans were top notch as well!

Awesome! It wasn't our anniversary, but My wife and I went. Great game! Did not even feel cold till I was leaving the stadium. Dominant performance by our Gophers!

Nebraska fans were top notch as well!

Yeah, the wind really picked up the last 10-15 minutes of the game otherwise it was very manageable weather.

I only go to 1 game a year and luckily I chose this one to attend.

Of course. The steady temperature helped. And it helped that the Gopher fans who sit next to us showed up and booted some Nebraska interlopers to another section.

This was the Billds 30th Anniversary of our first Gophers game...which was the 49-7 debacle in The Dome in 1989.

We considered this win to be a very appropriate anniversary gift.

In my usual spot in 206. Our seats are pretty close to the visitor section, so alot of times we are surrounded by the opposing fans. Lot of red last night.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My son and I flew in from Atlanta for the game. My first game since 2003. His first game ever. We had an incredible time. And will be back! If not this year, then next year.

I flew in from Denver for it with one of my friends and we went with my parents. Great times!

This was the Billds 30th Anniversary of our first Gophers game...which was the 49-7 debacle in The Dome in 1989.

We considered this win to be a very appropriate anniversary gift.

It was a great night to be at TCF. Perfect.

33rd Anniversary for the Bayfield Gophers. Beat NW 44-23. First game ever for Mrs and she has been a loyal fan since.

Only missed 3 home games since 2007. This wasn’t one of them. My wife worries and complains all week leading up to every game that doesn’t have a stellar weather forecast, then 100% of the time declares the next day afterwards the weather wasn’t so bad after all.

Didn't go to this one, planning on making the Maryland game in a couple weeks.

I attend every home game. I’m 27, been going since I was 6 with my Dad. He passed away 2 years ago, so now it’s me and my wife. We try attending 1-2 road Big Ten games a year now too. Last year was Nebraska, the year before that was Michigan. This year we’re going to Iowa. I hope Gopher fans can start coming back out of hibernation and start packing these away games. Actually if fans could start packing home games that’d be a start. Our fans were leaving early for both the Nebraska win, and in the 3rd quarter against Illinois. I don’t know any other fan base that leaves early during a victory. I don’t know any other fan base that cares more about beating traffic out of the ramps than they do about getting their money’s worth for the tickets they bought. Why even buy a ticket, drive out to Minneapolis, throw on warm clothes, etc. if you’re going to leave before you see the end result? I don’t get it, never will. But I do hate it

I also drove to Madison last year by myself to see us take back the Axe, and then met the team back at Athletes Village to celebrate with the band there and all. Wife was just getting over an illness, and my friends all had other plans.

Yes I am a season ticket holder and I go to every home game. This one was special as we sent a lot Huskers home with a few questions.

No, but I live in Washington now and I go to Homecoming and the Wisconsin game each year.

We had a group of 13 including four Husker fans. We had a great time.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Yes. Season ticket holder. My brother and I were there for every minute of the fabulousness!

I have no friends and didn't feel like going by myself, so a No from me.

Top Bottom