Bowl Projections after Week 7

Outback Bowl, or another Jan 1 game would be great. Hoping to play a SEC team and see how the Gophers match up.

Auburn would be an intriguing option.

After they smacked Purdue around last year, we could possible surprise them.
Catch them overconfident on playing Big Ten West teams.

Auburn would be an intriguing option.

After they smacked Purdue around last year, we could possible surprise them.
Catch them overconfident on playing Big Ten West teams.

We are a top 20 team. We dont need to surprise teams or catch them off guard to beat them.

As young as our team is it will mature and be a better team between the end of the season and the bowl game. I waiting until the Penn State game to get a feel for the possible ceiling of this team. Before the season I predicted 9-3 it's now reasonable to see that as the floor.

Georgia or Auburn in the Outback or the Citrus Bowl would be great. Would still rather get the Rose Bowl.

Yeah, if we can't get the Rose Bowl, I'd really like to see us matched up with a big-name SEC team in a J1 bowl. May as well play the best to see where we stand.

Known Gopher-hater Jerry Palm has updated his projections:

Pinstripe Bowl vs. Florida State

He's clearly predicting that NW beats MN because he's got them in the Quick Lane. Also has Nebraska to the Redbox.

He's clearly predicting that NW beats MN because he's got them in the Quick Lane. Also has Nebraska to the Redbox.

Yes, I see he grudgingly moved us up to the Pinnstripe Bowl which is the highest of those three bowls. Earlier in the season, he had us in the Armed Forces Bowl which no Big Ten team has filled in recent memory. Some other dufus has us in the Redbox Bowl which is lower than the Pinnstripe. I guess that guy is thinking that we will go 0-5 after beating Rutgers.

We played a great first half and then Mitch decided to be Mitch again.

I believe Phillip Nelson was the QB against Texas Tech in that 2012 game. That was a close game but Tech got a field goal in the closing seconds. Mitch played most of the bowl against Syracuse the following year. He wasn't bad. Nelson played for part of that bowl and was terrible when he was in. That was the last game he played for the Gophers.

Am I the only one who read this and thought...ewww...Florida State? We deserve a better opponent! It's probably true. Man, life comes at ya fast.

Wasn't that the game where we jumped to a huge early lead, only to give it all back and lose? My memory sucks, but I feel like I remember that game...

It sounds like you're thinking of the bowl game against Texas Tech in 2006, the game that got Mason fired.

It sounds like you're thinking of the bowl game against Texas Tech in 2006, the game that got Mason fired.

A 52 yard field goal with no time left sent that game in to OT for Tech's eventual win. A college kid makes a 52 yard field goal! Can you imagine if he misses it? We win the bowl game, Mase probably doesn't get fired, etc..........

A 52 yard field goal with no time left sent that game in to OT for Tech's eventual win. A college kid makes a 52 yard field goal! Can you imagine if he misses it? We win the bowl game, Mase probably doesn't get fired, etc..........

We likely wouldn't know what an above average defense looks like to this day!

Stewart Mandel, The Athletic

Jan. 2 | Gator | Jacksonville, Fla.
South Carolina (SEC Nos. 3-8) vs. Minnesota (B1G No. 5)

Stewart Mandel, The Athletic

Jan. 2 | Gator | Jacksonville, Fla.
South Carolina (SEC Nos. 3-8) vs. Minnesota (B1G No. 5)

Thanks! Now pretty evenly split between NYD bowls and Gator. I love following these predictions despite them being totally meaningless...

Rose or Outback!

Citrus can’t take us, been there in last six years.

Top Bottom