Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default five dumbest college football minds in America

Out of 62 ballots, only five AP voters could not find a spot in their top 25 for the Golden Gophers:
    Rob Long of Baltimore radio, Matt Baker of Tampa Bay newspaper, Theo Lawson of Spokane paper, Nate Mink of Syracuse paper, Nathan Baird of Cleveland paper.

https://collegepolltracker.com/footb...n-gophers/2019
    Last edited by swingman; 10-13-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Dink. Dink. Dink. Dink. Dink.

Go Gophers!!

Two of those five are in Big 10 country. Dinks x 2

Probably voted for A&M...

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Probably voted for A&M...
    I know you're being facetious, but you can click on the links and see every voter's full ballot. None of them voted for A&M, but one of these clowns had the audacity to vote for fricking San Diego St. while leaving an undefeated Power 5 team off the ballot.

I don't know who Mark Whicker is...But God bless that man...

Quote Originally Posted by topos View Post
    Gentleman and a scholar. I have a subscription to the Los Angeles Daily News delivered to Indianapolis soley to read his sage-like wisdom and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by akgo4 View Post
    Two of those five are in Big 10 country. Dinks x 2
    Yea, the Cleveland and Baltimore doubt is interesting...Also, the Syracuse newspaper writer is a Penn State grad, former Penn State beat writer...the Tampa writer is an Indiana native and a Northwestern grad.
    Last edited by swingman; 10-14-2019 at 07:40 AM.

It will be interesting if they continue to not include them if the win at Rutgers (I could see that being defensible as Rutgers is not good).

Syracuse voter Nate Mink has s piece on his ballot. Includes this about Gophers:

Just missed: Iowa State … Tulane … Minnesota ... Oklahoma State

Minnesota is the only unbeaten team not ranked on my ballot.

The Gophers have looked better as the season has gone on, most recently dismantling Nebraska, 34-7 in a game the Huskers played without starting quarterback Adrian Martinez.

Minnesota, of course, can’t control the order of the schedule, or the misfortune of the opposition, and the next two opponents -- Rutgers and Maryland -- don’t amount to a quality win.

But there’s something to be said for continuing to win, and if Minnesota gets to 8-0 before the schedule heats up in November, it will likely be enough to convince this voter to include it on the ballot. Even if it is the most frugal 8-0 team in recent memory.

And should Minnesota crash hard on the back half, it’s still guaranteed to earn a second-straight bowl appearance, a signal coach P.J. Fleck is making progress under former Syracuse athletic director Mark Coyle.

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    Syracuse voter Nate Mink has s piece on his ballot. Includes this about Gophers:

Just missed: Iowa State Ö Tulane Ö Minnesota ... Oklahoma State

The Gophers have looked better as the season has gone on, most recently dismantling Nebraska, 34-7 in a game the Huskers played without starting quarterback Adrian Martinez.

Minnesota, of course, canít control the order of the schedule, or the misfortune of the opposition, and the next two opponents -- Rutgers and Maryland -- donít amount to a quality win.

But thereís something to be said for continuing to win, and if Minnesota gets to 8-0 before the schedule heats up in November, it will likely be enough to convince this voter to include it on the ballot. Even if it is the most frugal 8-0 team in recent memory.

And should Minnesota crash hard on the back half, itís still guaranteed to earn a second-straight bowl appearance, a signal coach P.J. Fleck is making progress under former Syracuse athletic director Mark Coyle.
    Super Dink...does he have an issue with Coyle or is he just a dink extraordinaire?
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.

Minnesota, of course, can’t control the order of the schedule, or the misfortune of the opposition, and the next two opponents -- Rutgers and Maryland -- don’t amount to a quality win.

But there’s something to be said for continuing to win, and if Minnesota gets to 8-0 before the schedule heats up in November, it will likely be enough to convince this voter to include it on the ballot. Even if it is the most frugal 8-0 team in recent memory.

And should Minnesota crash hard on the back half, it’s still guaranteed to earn a second-straight bowl appearance, a signal coach P.J. Fleck is making progress under former Syracuse athletic director Mark Coyle.
    Interesting that he doesn’t rank them due to schedule yet ranks app state.
    Who has a best win over a 3-3 North Carolina team.

Nate "The Dink" Mink!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topos View Post
    I believe he is a good friend of one Patrick Reusse.

Rutgers and Maryland would be quality wins. All wins in college football are quality wins.