ESPN Game Day?

cemba99

Bruce Smith for Governor
Reaction score
I know it has been discussed earlier this year, and at the risk of “jinxing” things, looking ahead to a potential ESPN game day for the PSU game. Nittany Lions would have to win their next two games (no gimmes- Mich and at MSU). Other options would be Iowa @ WI or LSU v Ala. Not sure if they “save” the Bama game day show for Auburn.

Thoughts?

Needed LSU to lose yesterday, and maybe lose to Auburn. If they lose to Auburn don’t discount PJ factor. They went to WMU.

It’s LSU vs Bama. Hands down.

Agreed. More likely to get it on Thanksgiving weekend for the axe game if we keep winning. So as long as OSU-UM isn’t to decide the East title. If Michigan beats Penn State next week odds are good that it will.

Last edited:

Mods, do we need yet another Gameday thread? Please combine.

They’re going State College next week for the Michigan - PSU matchup.

I don’t like our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t even want them here for Penn State. Beat PSU and them have em here for Iowa or Wisconsin.

Have they been to any cold climate venues in November in the past?

They may choose the warmth than cold

I can say with 100% certainty that there is no way Game Day comes to Minneapolis for the Iowa game this year. ;)

I can see the Game Day guys sitting around, on camera, wondering why TCF Stadium is empty...

2021 we open at home against OSU.

That will be a Thursday GameDay.

I figured this was a distinct possibility right up until they named the Penn State game next week as the Gameday location. Kiss of death for us to host it for the same opponent and certainly a shot across the bow to remind us we aren’t LSU / Bama.

They were talking about the Gophers hosting Gameday for the Penn State game on the Solid Verbal podcast today and they were quite complimentary of MN and said it would be more interesting here than the tired old LSU/Alabama matchup.

Well, at least after this we can change the emotion from embarrassment to anger at the fact MN has never hosted it. Up until now it has been embarrassing to consider the Gophers haven’t played in a game that warrants a Gameday visit. After this we can at least we can say we deserved one.

I figured this was a distinct possibility right up until they named the Penn State game next week as the Gameday location. Kiss of death for us to host it for the same opponent and certainly a shot across the bow to remind us we aren’t LSU / Bama.

They were talking about the Gophers hosting Gameday for the Penn State game on the Solid Verbal podcast today and they were quite complimentary of MN and said it would be more interesting here than the tired old LSU/Alabama matchup.

Well, at least after this we can change the emotion from embarrassment to anger at the fact MN has never hosted it. Up until now it has been embarrassing to consider the Gophers haven’t played in a game that warrants a Gameday visit. After this we can at least we can say we deserved one.

Yes it's been done before, but as of this week that game will be #2 vs #1. ESPN CAN'T turn that down, even if they lose TV coverage to CBS or something. At his point I'm convinced that our only hope is the Wisconsin game. I don't think we even need to be undefeated. If the winner of the game means that team faces OSU for the B1G championship I don't see why they wouldn't come.

Yes it's been done before, but as of this week that game will be #2 vs #1. ESPN CAN'T turn that down, even if they lose TV coverage to CBS or something. At his point I'm convinced that our only hope is the Wisconsin game. I don't think we even need to be undefeated. If the winner of the game means that team faces OSU for the B1G championship I don't see why they wouldn't come.

I can think of 2 reasons: OSU at Michigan and Alabama at Auburn. They are old and tired, but ESPN loves those match ups

As of this week. LSU still plays at Miss State and then has to play Auburn at home. I agree that ESPN would have a tough time turning down a #1 vs #2 matchup. But the season finale for Alabama is against Auburn. If Auburn beats LSU to knock them from the unbeaten ranks....they may hold off. Also worth noting that LSU has already been featured on Gameday twice this year. They were one of the teams when they traveled to Austin to play Texas....and they hosted against Florida. ESPN may opt for some variety....especially considering that Minnesota is somewhere that they've never been....and considering that Alabama and LSU are always ranked in the top #10 or top #5 to begin every season....Gameday opportunities never dry up for them. This would be a pretty prime time to check Dinky Town off the list if the Gophers and PSU are both 8-0 coming into the game. Especially if LSU drops a game. PSU will be top ten and the Gophers should be at least top fifteen.

Mods — please merge this with the CGD thread that already existed. Thanks!

Truthfully, our only hope for Gameday is that we're playing for a trip to the conference championship against WI on the final date of the year AND that the East has already been decided. If it's us or OSU vs. MICH and both are for a bid to Indy I'm pretty sure we lose.

Top Bottom