Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Game Day?

Default ESPN Game Day?

I know it has been discussed earlier this year, and at the risk of “jinxing” things, looking ahead to a potential ESPN game day for the PSU game. Nittany Lions would have to win their next two games (no gimmes- Mich and at MSU). Other options would be Iowa @ WI or LSU v Ala. Not sure if they “save” the Bama game day show for Auburn.

Thoughts?

It’s LSU vs Bama. Hands down.

Needed LSU to lose yesterday, and maybe lose to Auburn. If they lose to Auburn donít discount PJ factor. They went to WMU.

Default ESPN Game Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement Gopher View Post
    Itís LSU vs Bama. Hands down.
    Agreed. More likely to get it on Thanksgiving weekend for the axe game if we keep winning. So as long as OSU-UM isnít to decide the East title. If Michigan beats Penn State next week odds are good that it will.
    Last edited by mnsportsgeek; 10-13-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Mods, do we need yet another Gameday thread? Please combine.

Theyíre going State College next week for the Michigan - PSU matchup.

I donít like our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I donít even want them here for Penn State. Beat PSU and them have em here for Iowa or Wisconsin.
    Iím a light eater. As soon as itís light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    I donít even want them here for Penn State. Beat PSU and them have em here for Iowa or Wisconsin.
    Why would a 2 loss [for now] Iowa be a GamedDay draw in cold weather?

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    I don’t even want them here for Penn State. Beat PSU and them have em here for Iowa or Wisconsin.
    I can say with 100% certainty that there is no way Game Day comes to Minneapolis for the Iowa game this year.

Have they been to any cold climate venues in November in the past?

They may choose the warmth than cold

Quote Originally Posted by BAJJERFAN View Post
    Why would a 2 loss [for now] Iowa be a GamedDay draw in cold weather?
    Iowa wouldn't be the draw. Minnesota would be. Duh.
    Iím a light eater. As soon as itís light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by HopHead View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty that there is no way Game Day comes to Minneapolis for the Iowa game this year.
    I can see the Game Day guys sitting around, on camera, wondering why TCF Stadium is empty...
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

2021 we open at home against OSU.

That will be a Thursday GameDay.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Blog Entries

I figured this was a distinct possibility right up until they named the Penn State game next week as the Gameday location. Kiss of death for us to host it for the same opponent and certainly a shot across the bow to remind us we arenít LSU / Bama.

They were talking about the Gophers hosting Gameday for the Penn State game on the Solid Verbal podcast today and they were quite complimentary of MN and said it would be more interesting here than the tired old LSU/Alabama matchup.

Well, at least after this we can change the emotion from embarrassment to anger at the fact MN has never hosted it. Up until now it has been embarrassing to consider the Gophers havenít played in a game that warrants a Gameday visit. After this we can at least we can say we deserved one.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    I figured this was a distinct possibility right up until they named the Penn State game next week as the Gameday location. Kiss of death for us to host it for the same opponent and certainly a shot across the bow to remind us we aren’t LSU / Bama.

They were talking about the Gophers hosting Gameday for the Penn State game on the Solid Verbal podcast today and they were quite complimentary of MN and said it would be more interesting here than the tired old LSU/Alabama matchup.

Well, at least after this we can change the emotion from embarrassment to anger at the fact MN has never hosted it. Up until now it has been embarrassing to consider the Gophers haven’t played in a game that warrants a Gameday visit. After this we can at least we can say we deserved one.

Yes it's been done before, but as of this week that game will be #2 vs #1. ESPN CAN'T turn that down, even if they lose TV coverage to CBS or something. At his point I'm convinced that our only hope is the Wisconsin game. I don't think we even need to be undefeated. If the winner of the game means that team faces OSU for the B1G championship I don't see why they wouldn't come.