Bob Sansevere: Any way you slice it, Gophers are good

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Bob:

This row-the-boat bunch will begin to climb in the polls after this win over the Cornhuskers. After beating Illinois last week to reach 5-0, the Gophers crept into the 25th spot in the coaches’ poll and just missed the AP top 25.

Getting to 8-0 would be impressive, but then we find out just how good this team can be. November has four opponents — three of them very tough.

The only gimme win in November looks to be Northwestern. Before that, the Gophers play Penn State at home and Iowa on the road. Tenth-ranked Penn State beat 17th-ranked Iowa 17-12 Saturday night to get to 6-0.

After Northwestern, it’s Wisconsin. Undefeated and also winners of six in a row.

The Gophers get the Badgers at home and, while they did beat them last year on the road, No. 8 Wisconsin has a chance to go into that game unbeaten if it knocks off third-ranked Ohio State Saturday.

A lot can happen to the Gophers between now and that game — a lot of good, and a lot of bad, too.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/10/12/bob-sansevere-any-way-you-slice-it-gophers-are-good/

Go Gophers!!

per Bob:

This row-the-boat bunch will begin to climb in the polls after this win over the Cornhuskers. After beating Illinois last week to reach 5-0, the Gophers crept into the 25th spot in the coaches’ poll and just missed the AP top 25.

Getting to 8-0 would be impressive, but then we find out just how good this team can be. November has four opponents — three of them very tough.

The only gimme win in November looks to be Northwestern. Before that, the Gophers play Penn State at home and Iowa on the road. Tenth-ranked Penn State beat 17th-ranked Iowa 17-12 Saturday night to get to 6-0.

After Northwestern, it’s Wisconsin. Undefeated and also winners of six in a row.

The Gophers get the Badgers at home and, while they did beat them last year on the road, No. 8 Wisconsin has a chance to go into that game unbeaten if it knocks off third-ranked Ohio State Saturday.

A lot can happen to the Gophers between now and that game — a lot of good, and a lot of bad, too.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/10/12/bob-sansevere-any-way-you-slice-it-gophers-are-good/

Go Gophers!!

I like Bob, and think he is a down to Earth guy, but I am tired of looking at Northwestern as a gimme and then losing to them. That will be tough. In fact, I would say there are NO gimme games for this team. If this team does not bring it with full intensity we could lose any single one of these next games. Rutgers is a trap game and they demand full attention. How many times have we seen that one in the past - where we lost to someone we took for granted? ESPECIALLY Northwestern!

Very pleased with the effort against Nebraska. PJ Fleck really has something going and you can tell the media is starting to come aboard. Us Gopher fans knew before the season they had a chance to have a very special season with a great potential story after the big wins over Wisconsin and Georgia Tech last year but it appears now that many others are catching on bigtime here!!

+ 1000.

Well said. Those three nonconference teams, I wonder how many can give other Big Ten teams fits.

I like Bob, and think he is a down to Earth guy, but I am tired of looking at Northwestern as a gimme and then losing to them. That will be tough. In fact, I would say there are NO gimme games for this team. If this team does not bring it with full intensity we could lose any single one of these next games. Rutgers is a trap game and they demand full attention. How many times have we seen that one in the past - where we lost to someone we took for granted? ESPECIALLY Northwestern!

Very pleased with the effort against Nebraska. PJ Fleck really has something going and you can tell the media is starting to come aboard. Us Gopher fans knew before the season they had a chance to have a very special season with a great potential story after the big wins over Wisconsin and Georgia Tech last year but it appears now that many others are catching on bigtime here!!

Rutgers is a gimme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 1000.

Well said. Those three nonconference teams, I wonder how many can give other Big Ten teams fits.

You haven’t really followed those NC teams after we played them, have you?

Most people felt Illinois last year was a gimme too.

That is true. However, Rutgers may be the worst P5 team ever - and that isn’t hyperbole.

Most people felt Illinois last year was a gimme too.

If anyone has watched football long enough, you know the classic letdown or "trap" game as a team has been rolling along then thinks they have an easy game and lets up a bit -- then loses the "easy" one. The schedule makers were very kind to us this year, and having Rutgers as one of our road games is certainly nice. But we are Gopher fans and we have seen all kinds of stupid things happen over the years. We can't overlook anyone. We have to treat this as the only game that matters for a week, then we let it go.

Bob has been spending too much time in the Vikings press box to even pay attention to college football. Anyone who has paid any attention in the last 10 years knows that Northwestern under Fitzgerald has been a far better team in November than in August.

Maryland has had our number too and is very capable of putting up points. We just don’t seem to match up well against that team. The only layup appears to be next week against Rutgers.

Lots of winnable games, it should be a great end to the season.

Rutgers SHOULD be a layup....

South Carolina SHOULD HAVE BEEN a layup for Georgia.....

Turn the ball over 3-4 times, and suddenly that layup can bounce off the rim.

Be focused, play hard, get a win, & move on to Maryland. Hopefully this happens. I think it will; this team seems different than past Gopher teams when it comes to mental strength.

Top Bottom