Scott Frost post game presser

Honestly, I always get the impression he’s in a little over his head when I listen to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frost looked to me like was trying not to vomit, and couldn't wait to get in the locker room and start screaming and throwing things.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs...cle_1b9cb844-23c6-58be-9bac-760faee49b5e.html

Found it a very interesting watch/listen. Obviously pretty frustrated. I think he was a little taken aback by how Minnesota out physical’d his team.

Didn't watch Lovie Smith's post game presser but a common theme in both Frost and Brohm's post game press conferences was a real disappointment in how their teams were physically dominated. Gotta love it.

Honestly, I always get the impression he’s in a little over his head when I listen to him.

Coaching football does seem challenging

The worm has turned, and they refuse to believe it. A sleeping giant is awake.

He threw some little compliments our way, but veiled at best. He needs to understand that you cannot will your team to be more physical that the opponent if they simply do not stack up... which they didn't. And they do not have the depth we do either. He just does not want to believe it.

Last edited:

Frost looked to me like was trying not to vomit, and couldn't wait to get in the locker room and start screaming and throwing things.
That's funny, I thought he was going to cry. His eyes were looking a little teary.
I honestly think Minnesota just has more talent than his team.

Wandale in person very fast, very slick but also tiny...Rossi and his guys lit him up every time he got the ball...was just a matter of time

the truck sticks by Rodney and Shannon were glorious...

Kieft, Schmitz are adding some physicality in run game lately...

Love when Rossi brings Williamson, Winfield et al from secondary

dline not as effective when Renner, DewTreadway, DeLatti rotate out...need Teague, Devers, Schad, Mafe to step it up...Hickcox got some reps

I thought he was pretty honest. They got handled up front. Many Gophers coaches have said the same things over the past 50 years. I agree, the worm has turned. The key to our second half of the season is, staying injury free.

That's funny, I thought he was going to cry. His eyes were looking a little teary.
I honestly think Minnesota just has more talent than his team.

I don't think it's out-talented.
I think it's players with weaker pedigrees who have better technique and execution. If you do that enough, you might be the better player because of technique and execution. (I guess that might then make you more talented).

We haven't dominated Nebraska in recruiting rankings the last 5 years. (vice-versa). So it's better execution, fewer penalties, player development that allowed us to dominate.

He threw some little compliments our way, but veiled at best. He needs to understand that you cannot will your team to be more physical that the opponent if they simply do not stack up... which they didn't. And they do not have the depth we do either. He just does not want to believe it.

That's very hard for me to believe, but it looks to be the case.

Agree. Not a good sign for Nebby when their coach starts off a press conference saying that he has no idea what to do to make the team better.

What I saw was a very competitive guy whose team just got worked over. Prior to this interview, I did not think a lot of Frost. But I thought he was honest, realistic, and he did give the Gophers credit for playing physical and doing things the way they should be done. Things that he clearly values and wants his team to do. We are on the way up but I suspect Nebraska will be back in the mix soon.

I actually thought he was extremely complimentary.

He talked about us pushing them around on both sides of the ball and we played the right way on every play. I am not sure a coach could give a better compliment than that.

Keep in mind, he just came off of a game where his team didn't show up. We are better than Nebraska and we dominated them, but Nebraska didn't have much fight in them. That has to be hard for a coach. We've been there as Gopher fans when our team just didn't fight, at all.

For some reason, all I can visualize is

e9c4afb93bdc21a4d58ada6aafa39e42.jpg

I don't think it's out-talented.
I think it's players with weaker pedigrees who have better technique and execution. If you do that enough, you might be the better player because of technique and execution. (I guess that might then make you more talented).

We haven't dominated Nebraska in recruiting rankings the last 5 years. (vice-versa). So it's better execution, fewer penalties, player development that allowed us to dominate.

Yes, Nebraska has had fairly high ranked recruiting classes for years.

Could it be that the Nebraska class ranking are like the Brewster classes. Getting 4-5 star recruits that were falling through the cracks and other schools didn't really want as much. Kids that may be talented but have discipline problems or are too small to utilize the talent? The talent at Nebraska is no where near the talent at Penn St or Michigan, but haven't they had similar recruiting class rankings. It is either that or they don't know how to coach them.

Trying to recruit B12 caliber LBs is going to get you killed by most teams in the B10.

Just finished watching Scott's press conference. The man was shaking and really having a hard time holding it. It was tough to watch.

Gopher media, you do a great job but learn this from Nebraska. Have someone in the press room with a mike so the questions being asked Fleck can be heard.

Just finished watching Scott's press conference. The man was shaking and really having a hard time holding it. It was tough to watch.

Gopher media, you do a great job but learn this from Nebraska. Have someone in the press room with a mike so the questions being asked Fleck can be heard.

Well, you must have watched a different press conference than me. He was disappointed, direct, and matter of fact. Missed the "shaking" and "having a hard time holding it" you speak of.

Well, you must have watched a different press conference than me. He was disappointed, direct, and matter of fact. Missed the "shaking" and "having a hard time holding it" you speak of.

At 9 seconds in he looks like he's shaking. His eyes look sad.
1:22 his eyes are shifting. Just prior to that his voice cracks a bit.

2:40 he takes a deep sigh. Not saying he was ready to star running the water works, but it's notable.

His posture the whole time is defensive. Body turned half way, one arm forward, one arm back as if he's ready to turn and run.

Last edited:

2:40 he takes a deep sigh. Not saying he was ready to star running the water works, but it's notable.

His posture the whole time is defensive. Body turned half way, one arm forward, one arm back as if he's ready to turn and run.

Contrast with previous week after beating NW.

Elisa, is that you?

Backseat Sports made a mockery of the Gophers in their Preview and Predictions before the game. They seem to me delusional that the Gophers were a far inferior team. "Last year, we were 0-6 and dropped 53 points on these chums. Mike Riley could beat Minnesota". "Minnesota is so overrated. They are 5-0, but are a very bad team".

This is bulletin material for the rest of the season in a Rodney Dangerfieldesque way.

Last edited:

Backseat Sports made a mockery of the Gophers in their Preview and Predictions before the game. They seem to me delusional that the Gophers were a far inferior team. "Last year, we were 0-6 and dropped 53 points on these chums. Mike Riley could beat Minnesota". "Minnesota is so overrated. They are 5-0, but are a very bad team".

This is bulletin material for the rest of the season in a Rodney Dangerfieldesque way.

Looking forward to their game recap video.

Top Bottom