Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What I saw was a very competitive guy whose team just got worked over. Prior to this interview, I did not think a lot of Frost. But I thought he was honest, realistic, and he did give the Gophers credit for playing physical and doing things the way they should be done. Things that he clearly values and wants his team to do. We are on the way up but I suspect Nebraska will be back in the mix soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    The worm has turned, and they refuse to believe it. A sleeping giant is awake.

He threw some little compliments our way, but veiled at best. He needs to understand that you cannot will your team to be more physical that the opponent if they simply do not stack up... which they didn't. And they do not have the depth we do either. He just does not want to believe it.
    I actually thought he was extremely complimentary.

He talked about us pushing them around on both sides of the ball and we played the right way on every play. I am not sure a coach could give a better compliment than that.

Keep in mind, he just came off of a game where his team didn't show up. We are better than Nebraska and we dominated them, but Nebraska didn't have much fight in them. That has to be hard for a coach. We've been there as Gopher fans when our team just didn't fight, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    Frost looked to me like was trying not to vomit, and couldn't wait to get in the locker room and start screaming and throwing things.
    For some reason, all I can visualize is

Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I don't think it's out-talented.
    I think it's players with weaker pedigrees who have better technique and execution. If you do that enough, you might be the better player because of technique and execution. (I guess that might then make you more talented).

We haven't dominated Nebraska in recruiting rankings the last 5 years. (vice-versa). So it's better execution, fewer penalties, player development that allowed us to dominate.
    Yes, Nebraska has had fairly high ranked recruiting classes for years.

Could it be that the Nebraska class ranking are like the Brewster classes. Getting 4-5 star recruits that were falling through the cracks and other schools didn't really want as much. Kids that may be talented but have discipline problems or are too small to utilize the talent? The talent at Nebraska is no where near the talent at Penn St or Michigan, but haven't they had similar recruiting class rankings. It is either that or they don't know how to coach them.

Trying to recruit B12 caliber LBs is going to get you killed by most teams in the B10.

Quote Originally Posted by BeenHazy View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to make a flimsy excuse to bring D. Boon to GopherHole.
    One of the best!

Just finished watching Scott's press conference. The man was shaking and really having a hard time holding it. It was tough to watch.

Gopher media, you do a great job but learn this from Nebraska. Have someone in the press room with a mike so the questions being asked Fleck can be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRedux View Post
    Just finished watching Scott's press conference. The man was shaking and really having a hard time holding it. It was tough to watch.

Gopher media, you do a great job but learn this from Nebraska. Have someone in the press room with a mike so the questions being asked Fleck can be heard.
    Well, you must have watched a different press conference than me. He was disappointed, direct, and matter of fact. Missed the "shaking" and "having a hard time holding it" you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Well, you must have watched a different press conference than me. He was disappointed, direct, and matter of fact. Missed the "shaking" and "having a hard time holding it" you speak of.

At 9 seconds in he looks like he's shaking. His eyes look sad.
    1:22 his eyes are shifting. Just prior to that his voice cracks a bit.

2:40 he takes a deep sigh. Not saying he was ready to star running the water works, but it's notable.

His posture the whole time is defensive. Body turned half way, one arm forward, one arm back as if he's ready to turn and run.
    Last edited by Face The Facts; 10-13-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Hilarious take. Thanks for the laugh.

2:40 he takes a deep sigh. Not saying he was ready to star running the water works, but it's notable.

His posture the whole time is defensive. Body turned half way, one arm forward, one arm back as if he's ready to turn and run.

Contrast with previous week after beating NW.

Elisa, is that you?

Blog Entries

Backseat Sports made a mockery of the Gophers in their Preview and Predictions before the game. They seem to me delusional that the Gophers were a far inferior team. "Last year, we were 0-6 and dropped 53 points on these chums. Mike Riley could beat Minnesota". "Minnesota is so overrated. They are 5-0, but are a very bad team".

This is bulletin material for the rest of the season in a Rodney Dangerfieldesque way.

Last edited by hungan1; 10-13-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by rhackler View Post
    Elisa, is that you?

HA!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Backseat Sports made a mockery of the Gophers in their Preview and Predictions before the game. They seem to me delusional that the Gophers were a far inferior team. "Last year, we were 0-6 and dropped 53 points on these chums. Mike Riley could beat Minnesota". "Minnesota is so overrated. They are 5-0, but are a very bad team".

This is bulletin material for the rest of the season in a Rodney Dangerfieldesque way.

Looking forward to their game recap video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk