Crowd tonight

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
No idea what the actual attendance was but props to the crowd tonight. I love bad weather games. Brings out the feistiness in everyone. Loud and engaged. Definitely a home field advantage.

(Need to get more students to go still...)

Last edited:

I am in Section 108 and we stood the whole game. First time I have ever seen that. Sat down for timeouts only. It was a wild night! So fun!

No idea what the actual attendance was but props to the crowd tonight. I love bad weather games. Brings out the feistiness in everyone. Loud and engaged. Definitely a home field advantage.

(Need to get more students to go still...)

We have one of the top 5 largest campuses (at least last i checked) and it's always a struggle even in decent weather games
to get students to attend....why?

Diehard Gopher fans love bad weather games (which the Gophers usually win). Good crowd considering the temp, snow showers, nightime game, etc.

Yup last year and this year the bad weather brought out loud crowds.

We were in Sec 110 and nearly everyone stood for the entire game. Someone from security came down the aisle and asked everyone to sit down but as soon as they left everyone stood again. I think it had more to do with the cold and wet seats but it was kind of strange to stand the entire game.

Student here. I tried my best to get people there, and I really thought it would be way more than it was. It’s pretty disappointing, especially as a night game. Apart from that, the students that were there felt a lot more engaged than the past few games. Hopefully I and the others who do go can generate some more excitement for the games coming up.

I thought it was a great atmosphere! Loud for Nebraska on offense and students brought it. Let’s do it again in two weeks

We have one of the top 5 largest campuses (at least last i checked) and it's always a struggle even in decent weather games

Think about today's college student. Your answer is in there somewhere. Football and even masculinity in general are bad and evil things. Must be stopped.

It was a bear weather wise up in the NE corner, but our 4 stuck firm the entire game... I wish I'd worn my choppers... Was a treat to see the Nebraska fans departing early in the third quarter.

Seemed like a high percentage of the 43.5K ticket holders actually showed up. Pretty impressive considering the weather.

Think about today's college student. Your answer is in there somewhere. Football and even masculinity in general are bad and evil things. Must be stopped.

Today’s college students think football is evil? Why is that? I figured it apathy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously the students do not care. The U has to get creative and sell these tickets. I have suggested in my after game questionnaire to contact every high school and or Community Ed Dept in the state and offer discounted group tickets and start having bus loads of kids hauled in from all over the state and announce each group and get them on the video board.

Obviously the students do not care. The U has to get creative and sell these tickets. I have suggested in my after game questionnaire to contact every high school and or Community Ed Dept in the state and offer discounted group tickets and start having bus loads of kids hauled in from all over the state and announce each group and get them on the video board.

I like the idea but there’s the logistical issue that the school does sell thousands of student tickets so there’s a scenario where the students start showing up, fill the sections and the high schoolers are left hanging, commence PR nightmare.

Granted, it's been a long time since I attended, but I never had time for anything but work and studying. Minnesota had a lot of working students when I was there. Pretty much everyone I knew.

Had a niece in law that is a student and she left at half time. I'm embarrassed.

Today’s college students think football is evil? Why is that? I figured it apathy.

There's a growing segment of population who feel masculinity is toxic.
I am not sure if those people were ever in the segment that would consider watching football in the first place however.

Apathy seems to be the bigger issue.

Crowd was decent, but considering amount of nebby fans should've been packed house

Was nice to silence go big red chants early

First time Nebraska fans could not really get there Go Big Red chant going. Here is to many more games, sans the snow, and rain.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

My Husker relatives stayed for the whole game. Afterward were really down on their play calling, penalties, and just getting beat on both sides of the ball.

Patience with Frost rebuild is eroding, significantly. I'm sure he feels it.

I like this idea. Once one becomes a fan, it gets pretty addicting. In Colorado fifth grade kids are given free ski passes to all our ski resorts to make them become lifetime skiers. They've been doing it for years because it works. I ran a competitive basketball program and was given Nuggets tickets and Colorado basketball tickets in blocks up to 100 for my kids and their families. Many became fans and still...over a decade later...attend games.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I think this is right on. My young friends at work will not let their kids play football. The pussification of America is real. I fear my favorite game is dying.

I am not sure if those people were ever in the segment that would consider watching football in the first place however.

I hang with lots of metro-sexuals who think masculinity in some forms is toxic and about half of them love watching football...the other half...not at all. I work with kids and have for over 30 years. Since the introduction internet, social media and cell phones, youth apathy has risen IMHO. There are also fewer families letting their boys play football because of injuries and I think this affects the number of "football families" out there. You can see the apathy in many areas (i.e. kids don't want cars for instance). There is also a lot of entertainment in Minneapolis. In Lincoln, Ames and the like, football is the only show in town.

Great idea. I know for me, my love for the Gophers started when my dad took me to a few games as a little kid at Memorial Stadium.

Both are true.

Granted, it's been a long time since I attended, but I never had time for anything but work and studying. Minnesota had a lot of working students when I was there. Pretty much everyone I knew.

Strawman argument. I was one of those, had student tix and attended all games. Had many friends doing the same. Looked forward to it as a break. Winning will fill that section.

Top Bottom