Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why is local media obsessed with Fleck running on the sidelines

I donít get why some of these guys hate him and the program because he runs in the sidelines.

I donít get why Minnesotans cheer against Minnesota teams.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    lol, fantastic stuff.

It is astounding that so much of the media just can't handle his positivity or energy. Ironically, a consistent pessimist not just to the Gophers, but all local sports teams, Dan Barreiro sums it up best...his take is that he finds PJ's energy to be a bit too much, but that he is not the one that PJ needs to sell the team on, its the kids he recruits, and to a lesser extent, a young fan base that needs to be brought in.

PJ is just too youthful, energetic and happy for this media to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by skauma View Post
    lol, fantastic stuff.
    Thanks for posting this priceless " how to talk Minnesotan " video.

Minnesotans HATE positivity. Feeling negativity about good situations is the Official State Emotion. The State border sign should say "Welcome to Minnesota...hey, dial her back, buddy. We hate winning too much."
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

It could be that all this winning is just makin’ em tired then.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    That's too funny. Thanks for that.

Well, at least half of the a-hole media were hoping the gophers would lose.

And many of them are out of shape and have never been able to run, even as kids they couldn't.
    Last edited by Goldteam; 10-13-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries

LOL! Minnesotans believe in self flatulations. Why do you keep banging your head against the wall? The correct answer is it feels good everytime you stop.

��
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

So is thread about why the media hates him running or his positivity? This thread transitioned to a straw man real quick. No one hates him because he is positive. And, more of this ďthe media wants him to loseĒ crap. More nonsense.

A better question: For a group that (for some reason) really wants everyone to like the coach they do - why do they constantly look for slights that arenít there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    So is thread about why the media hates him running or his positivity? This thread transitioned to a straw man real quick. No one hates him because he is positive. And, more of this “the media wants him to lose” crap. More nonsense.

A better question: For a group that (for some reason) really wants everyone to like the coach they do - why do they constantly look for slights that aren’t there?

You think Barreiro wants them to win.

You think the idiot on Kfan at noon wants them to win?

You think Fatrick wants them to win?

I just laugh!

At least half of their sponsored radio station is cheering for them to lose.
    Last edited by Goldteam; 10-13-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldteam View Post
    You think Barreiro wants them to win.

You think the idiot on Kfan at noon wants them to win?

You think Fatrick wants them to win?

I just laugh!

At least half of their sponsored radio station is cheering for them to lose.
    I donít think they want them to lose. I stand by my question.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I don’t think they want them to lose. I stand by my question.

I’m talking about this from the man who should retire.

“ I’d go to Gophs game tonight, if it wasn’t so cold. And traffic wasn’t so terrible. And parking wasn’t so ridiculous. And Yanks-Astros weren’t on. And the short, head-shaved att’n seeker didn’t run from one end to other between periods.
    Five darn good reasons to stay home.”

Meatsauce has mentioned it on air multiple times.

I don’t get why people care if he runs on between quarters. He can’t be the only coach who does that, or is he?

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    LOL! Minnesotans believe in self flatulations. Why do you keep banging your head against the wall? The correct answer is it feels good everytime you stop.

��
    ... I'm scared to think of what a non-self flatulation might look (sound? smell?) like...

flagellation is the word I hope you were looking for