Nebraska Boards in full Chicken Little mode...

akgo4

Reaction score
The sky is definitely falling over there. Going to take awhile to cycle out the past recruiting.

Nothing I've read saying anything like "Well, the Gopher might actually be good".

It's all that they are horrible, and we are an average 40-50 type team.

You can't really be a 40-50 team and be 6-0 at this point. It's simply too hard to find that many teams you could argue are better.

Really hard for them to give MN credit.

I could read the Iowa and Nebraska boards all night.

Stanley sucks

Frost sucks

Ferentz sucks

Ferentz boy is in over his head

It's endless laughter if you want some good reads!

The NE fans sitting in our section started questioning PJF. That was a quick reply " scoreboard ".

Nebraska fans were very lippy when they thought they might compete. Then they all starting heading to the exits

Nebraska would be wise to grasp the truth, which is plainly evident: Minnesota is now the superior team.

There are other teams coming up ahead on Minnesota's schedule who will also learn this in the near future. The names of some of these teams may surprise a lot of people.

Had 2 drunk Husker rubes behind us cussing every other word. They were talking a big game in the first quarter, got rather ornery in the 2nd and then left at halftime. Good riddance.

It is falling. They are not going to be more than what they were tonight.

The two Nebraska fans in our row never said a word. They quietly got up and headed to the exit near the end of the third quarter.

There were a lot of husker fans above where we were sitting and they were loud until about half way through the first quarter. Didn't hear a peep from them after that and watched them flood out at the end of the 3rd quarter

They are way better than Badger fans.

HuskerMax is focused very inward. Practically zero acknowledgement that the Gophers could actually be the better team.

We've seen this before with other programs.

Respect is hard earned...in football one game and one season at a time.

On to Rutgers to keep this train rolling...

Nebraska has an interesting schedule the rest of the way. In some ways, you could say they should still make bowl eligibility. But looking closer, if a few things continue to NOT go their way, they may not win another game. Indiana going to Lincoln will be their best chance the rest of the season.

Imagine the fallout with no bowl game again this year.

The two behind me were decent. At first they HATED our first down cheer. Once the beatdown started, they were good to talk to. Knowledgeable and complimentary of Fleck, the WRs/RBs/team in general. Hoping Frost is a year behind PJ in rebuilding. They thought the CFP talk was way over the top.

It was nice to see them walking to the exists early and often! I will say I'd MUCH rather deal with a Husker fan than iowa or wisconsin fans. No comparison

My son and I came into town for the game and are staying at the Graduate Minneapolis. The place is infested with Nebraska fans. We returned to the hotel after the game and there was a Nebraska radio station doing a post-game in the lobby. One of the broadcasters said, “we were just dominated by a 7 or 8 win Minnesota team.” Which seemed preposterous given our current record and remaining schedule. The tone was all about how horrible Nebraska is with no credit given to the team that just gave them a beat-down.

Nebraska has an interesting schedule the rest of the way. In some ways, you could say they should still make bowl eligibility. But looking closer, if a few things continue to NOT go their way, they may not win another game. Indiana going to Lincoln will be their best chance the rest of the season.

Imagine the fallout with no bowl game again this year.

I’m on vacation in Maui and sat behind 2 Nebby fans at the local sports bar- was great to see nothing but the husband shaking his head in disgust the whole game. I tried to be a nice guy and say Frost had them pointed in the right direction- although I despise him. He said Frost isn’t doing squat and better get things moving. Had to hold back on a chuckle- that Nebby job has gotta suck with all the unrealistic expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neb fans around me were good.

I don't blame their fans if they are grumbling some .... they should be better considering the talent level.

There were a lot of husker fans above where we were sitting and they were loud until about half way through the first quarter. Didn't hear a peep from them after that and watched them flood out at the end of the 3rd quarter

I should add that my actual interactions with Nebraska fans was good. My favorite was while standing in line for the bathroom, Minnesota and Nebraska fans were joking around about Minnesota going from the troughs in the Metrodome to the urinals now. Kind of a dumb convo, but everyone was laughing and having a good time.

I know they got skunked, but the Husker board was unusually profane and vulgar. With their schedule and Martinez & Robinson back, they can still win eight games and maybe a bowl.

Their board is a complete dumpster fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had friendly interactions with their fans. They tipped their cap and I asked one if it would have made a difference if Martinez played and he said no. The LOS was a massacre

Their fans are decent enough in person, their fan forums, Husker Max, etc. are delusional. Rarely do they admit any respect to an opponent. They refuse to acknowledge that it is no longer 1997.... The worm has turned, and the B1G is far more formidable than they ever imagined.

Several posters over there are talking about needing a D-Coordinator with Big Ten experience. I think a TC pairing would be a good fit, presuming his leaving WSU mid-season doesn't burn bridges with future bosses

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19583/cornmeal-mush/

1 1/4 cups cornmeal2
1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix together cornmeal, water, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 5 to 7 minutes.
If using as cereal, spoon mush into bowls and serve with milk and sugar, if desired. If frying, pour mixture into a loaf pan and chill completely. Remove from pan, cut into slices, and fry in a small amount of oil over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Serve with sauce of your choice.

Last edited:

Well, it’s always darkest before the dawn. I suspect even some of the biggest PJF cult members were starting to let a little doubt creep in after Illinois and a string of embarrassing Big Ten performances going back to 2017.

Fair for Husker fans to question the direction of things and despair after letting themselves believe it would be a quick turnaround/UCF type scenario. Maybe they right the boat later this season or next year, maybe not (hopefully not).

Some people think MN fans are negative — go read that board.

This post was awesome.

NEbraska.JPG

Top Bottom