Nebraska Boards in full Chicken Little mode...

The "Players read this board" posts are priceless.

I have now read 1 or 2 posts that give us credit.

One that called us a "Very good team" which wasn't popular on their board.

Another one where this loss was more embarrassing than OSU, and called us "Top 5".

So that's cool.

I have now read 1 or 2 posts that give us credit.

One that called us a "Very good team" which wasn't popular on their board.

Another one where this loss was more embarrassing than OSU, and called us "Top 5".

So that's cool.

I actually took that Top 5 post to be a bit of self deprecation and calling out the delusional Big Red fans...

My favorite was a response to a post on Frost's presser comment: "We got pushed around a little."

"Yeah, and WWII was a little conflict."

Their fans are decent enough in person, their fan forums, Husker Max, etc. are delusional. Rarely do they admit any respect to an opponent. They refuse to acknowledge that it is no longer 1997.... The worm has turned, and the B1G is far more formidable than they ever imagined.

3-4 vs U of MN in their last 7 meetings.
We had a fan near us that kept screaming, “Come On - Black Shirts!”
She left early in 2nd half. Didn’t have any interaction with their fans but shook my head over the “Black Shirts” comment.

I should add that my actual interactions with Nebraska fans was good. My favorite was while standing in line for the bathroom, Minnesota and Nebraska fans were joking around about Minnesota going from the troughs in the Metrodome to the urinals now. Kind of a dumb convo, but everyone was laughing and having a good time.

I had the same conversation. I truly wish we had troughs to speed up the line.

Would we be any different in their shoes?

I've been lurking on the Nebraska board for a week or two. Good board. Good posters, very entertaining. The game thread was really good. I wanted to compliment them, but figured they'd run me off the board at a time like this.

The two behind me were decent. At first they HATED our first down cheer. Once the beatdown started, they were good to talk to. Knowledgeable and complimentary of Fleck, the WRs/RBs/team in general. Hoping Frost is a year behind PJ in rebuilding. They thought the CFP talk was way over the top.

It was nice to see them walking to the exists early and often! I will say I'd MUCH rather deal with a Husker fan than iowa or wisconsin fans. No comparison
I hate the 1st down cheer and I'm a Gopher fan.
I chalk that cheer up to 50 years of having nothing better to cheer about. I'm looking forward to the day when UMN is good enough to let that cheer go.

Would we be any different in their shoes?
No. And the pissing and whining at the GH when things go wrong is equally amazing. There are many delusional fans here at the GH.

Nebraska fans are really nice in person, when they think they are going to win or are winning.

The second they get down, or think they’ll lose, they are typical asshole fans.

That being said I’ll go to Lincoln every two years and get blasted at The Railyard and its awesome.

I hate the 1st down cheer and I'm a Gopher fan.
I chalk that cheer up to 50 years of having nothing better to cheer about. I'm looking forward to the day when UMN is good enough to let that cheer go.

Random fun fact. The Patriots, one of the best dynasties in NFL history, also do the first down cheer. Just one of numerous examples.

Not sure why you'd want to get rid of one of the few things the majority of the fans actually participate in.

To each their own. I love it.

Last edited:

Nebraska fans are really nice in person, when they think they are going to win or are winning.

The second they get down, or think they’ll lose, they are typical asshole fans.

That being said I’ll go to Lincoln every two years and get blasted at The Railyard and its awesome.

Never had an issue with Nebby fans here. I did have to separate a drunk U student from a 50-something Nebby fan last night on the East Bank stop. Student figured he could get in his face and lipoff {F*ck Nebraska, among other things) to the guy and his wife. The guy had the student on the ground in seconds and began pummeling him about the head.

Nebraska fans next to us were loud "go big red" before the game and during the 1st quarter. Then they finally shutted the 'f' up. IQ levels were well below ours. I thought the Nebraska fans overall were good except for the few that acted like iowa fans.

They joined in on the "Who hates Iowa" cheer.

Never had an issue with Nebby fans here. I did have to separate a drunk U student from a 50-something Nebby fan last night on the East Bank stop. Student figured he could get in his face and lipoff {F*ck Nebraska, among other things) to the guy and his wife. The guy had the student on the ground in seconds and began pummeling him about the head.

kdE8vR5.jpg

One thing that I have enjoyed and expected as a Gopher fan over the years is the level of intensity and heart that our players bring. I haven't see that from Nebraska the three times they have played at TCF.

I think their fans are the same. Their expectations are much higher than what the team shows.

Cocky. Overconfident. Arrogant.

Yep. I pulled the guy off and he immediately said he was sorry and had snapped. The student actually tried to lipoff again but the women with him shut up and pulled him away. They were really embarrassed. Once he was far enough away, he of course started yelling again.

Yep. I pulled the guy off and he immediately said he was sorry and had snapped. The student actually tried to lipoff again but the women with him shut up and pulled him away. They were really embarrassed. Once he was far enough away, he of course started yelling again.

Alcohol: some can handle it, and some can't.

Nebraska should be worried. Frost's system is going to require a lot of very good athletes to be successful. I just don't think they can get them to Lincoln.

Nebraska should be worried. Frost's system is going to require a lot of very good athletes to be successful. I just don't think they can get them to Lincoln.

He can get a ton of very good athletes to Nebraska. Problem is, the rest of the conference gets very good athletes also.I am not well versed in what he did at UCF but I am guessing he had the best athletes in that conference. That will not happen in the B1G.

I wonder if their biggest issue this year isn't their Oline? Their Oline seemed to be worse than both Purdue and Illinois.

He can get a ton of very good athletes to Nebraska. Problem is, the rest of the conference gets very good athletes also.I am not well versed in what he did at UCF but I am guessing he had the best athletes in that conference. That will not happen in the B1G.

Yeah I guess that is I meant. He will have to get superior athletes to what he sees in the Big10. I don't think he can do that at Nebraska.

Top Bottom