Gophers 6-1 against last 7 Power-5 teams. Avg margin +17

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
6-1 in last 7 power five games.

In the 6 wins, 5 were by 22 points or more. The only one with a smaller margin than that was against Purdue who got the last 14 points in the 4th to close the gap.

I think it takes a decent team to do that.

Yep...this isn't business as usual, we are dominating teams in a way that hasn't happened around here in a long time.

This is the period Rossi took over as DC.

But we only beat South Dakota State by one TD. Let’s focus on the negative.

Gophers have been quietly beating the snot out of the lower and middle class of P5 teams. Need that one big win against the big boys to open eyes.

Gophers have been quietly beating the snot out of the lower and middle class of P5 teams. Need that one big win against the big boys to open eyes.

Might as well just sweep PSU, WI and Iowa then to really turn heads

Might as well just sweep PSU, WI and Iowa then to really turn heads

Yeh, I mean we need to win next week and the week after first.
It's like we're all taking a 5 win Big Ten record for granted. (no need to reply, yeh we should win our next two)

But at Iowa isn't going to be the toughest game to win. They have good defense and an okay offense, but we should be able to SCORE against them, and I think our defense against them will be better than last year.

PSU - who knows.
WI - that will be an important game no matter what. Either to kill WI CFP hopes. Or for us to win the West perhaps, or at worst to keep the axe.

Fun season and it's been great to be on board from the start as others might start taking interest this week.

Yeh, I mean we need to win next week and the week after first.
It's like we're all taking a 5 win Big Ten record for granted. (no need to reply, yeh we should win our next two)

But at Iowa isn't going to be the toughest game to win. They have good defense and an okay offense, but we should be able to SCORE against them, and I think our defense against them will be better than last year.

PSU - who knows.
WI - that will be an important game no matter what. Either to kill WI CFP hopes. Or for us to win the West perhaps, or at worst to keep the axe.

Fun season and it's been great to be on board from the start as others might start taking interest this week.

I expect them to win but am fearful of the letdown: nothing is given. It’s big ten football. These guys are all D1 athletes. Gotta show up every week

I expect them to win but am fearful of the letdown: nothing is given. It’s big ten football. These guys are all D1 athletes. Gotta show up every week

My Minnesotan in me didn't have me comfortable with this game until about 4 minutes left.
But eventually, if you keep beating teams by 20 points, eventually you start to expect it.

Cheered the Gophies the last 5 games on TV and thought this team had a some real potential. Attended this "bad-weather" game tonight and it was an awesome experience. This team is F'ing fun to watch. That is all.

Top Bottom