Who is your Gophers MVP in the dominating win over Nebraska?

• Rodney Smith

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Shannon Brooks

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Tyler Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mohamed Ibrahim

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kamal Martin

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 16 20.5%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

We had three points scored against the defense last week and 7 this week. Can we have some more defensive choices for player of the week? Like half and half?

The NE fans sitting in our section kept hoping Smith would come out of the game more often. Sadly, we had many NE fans in our section. Gopher fans missed a dominating live performance. My nephew commented how rare it is we step on the throttle and don't let up. If Paulson would have caught the bunny it would have been a bigger blow out. It was a great game and fun in the snow/ sleet . Go Gophers !

O-line. Ginormous holes to run through. Feel bad Brooks just missed 100.

Winfield was all over the place and hitting the crap out of people. I think he set a tone.

I feel like any of these are reasonable choices

Our defense has allowed 10 points total in the last two games combined.

We are back to pushing people around physically up front, on offense and on defense.

We have excellent running backs and receivers.

Our QB is vastly underrated.

We...

Are...

Very good. Maybe even...

Formidable.

I'm going with Kamal Martin and Winfield as Co MVP's. Martin in on 15 tackles. That's a season high this year. Winfield with 10, 7 being solo.
Extremely well prepared team today. Like night and day compared to the team that played in Lincoln last year. Two big changes from then, Morgan and Rossi. (Sounds like a liquor.)

Martin is looking like a Day 2 guy at minimum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hard to choose with so many guys making plays. On defense alone Winfield, Barber, Renner, Martin were making plays all night, some huge. On offense looked like all the backs could have ran for 150+ but Rodney continues to really impress.

I don’t think I’ll vote. Maybe the offensive line as most valuable unit.

Yeah this defense is different with Martin. Great with slowing down the run and keeping mobile QBs in check. He’s my pick on defense.

Thought Renner played a hell of a game- especially for someone many of us thought should be demoted to 3rd string after the first two games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The line play on both sides of the ball KILLED Nebraska.

Nice to see the first 3-4 yards of almost every offensive carry by a RB being gifted. Shannon, Rodney and Mo expounded from there.

Yeah if ever there is a game to give MVP to the trenches, that was it!

My MVP was Dunlap. He was mauling guys out there.

A close 2nd is Martin. He may be our best defensive player this year.

Beat me to it....We dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball tonight.

Yup. It was clear in the first few minutes of game time that the Gophers were going to win because of this.

Kamal Martin, he was all over the field.

I nominate the whole Oline. Against Nebraska this is how a Big 10 Oline should play. Everyone that blocked was fantastic.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

If I can go with a group rather than an individual it’s got to be the O Line. Our lines are hitting their stride mid season this year. Last year it was at the end. Hopefully their play can hold serve or even improve the rest of the year. That’s how we can beat the likes of PSU, Iowa and Wisconsin.

Top Bottom