With Iowa's loss

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking this way?

OSU defeats Wisconsin

Wisconsin beats Iowa or at least someone else does.

We beat Rutgers and Maryland.

We then only need to win one game against PSU, Iowa, and NW

If we win that one game............we are playing Wisconsin at home for the West title.

OSU defeats Wisconsin

If we win that one game............we are playing Wisconsin at home for the West title.

Sounds right.

You got it.

Ohio State-Wisconsin is the big one we need to fall our way. Helps that it’s in Columbus.

It’s setting up pretty nicely if the guys can take care of business.

The bigger question is the Rose Bowl selectee. Is it written in stone (this year) if the conference winner goes to the CFP the runner up goes to the Rose Bowl? I’d like to think we can beat OSU but they look really, really tough. Same with Sconni...but maybe MSU isn’t as good as advertised. A lot can change week to week.

It’s setting up pretty nicely if the guys can take care of business.

The bigger question is the Rose Bowl selectee. Is it written in stone (this year) if the conference winner goes to the CFP the runner up goes to the Rose Bowl? I’d like to think we can beat OSU but they look really, really tough. Same with Sconni...but maybe MSU isn’t as good as advertised. A lot can change week to week.

We beat Wisconsin like a drum — in Madison — less than 10 months ago. They aren't unbeatable. And we are pretty damn good.

We beat Wisconsin like a drum — in Madison — less than 10 months ago. They aren't unbeatable. And we are pretty damn good.

WI is looking really good, but we're not sure these are great teams either that they are beating.

Their defense looks good, but we're balanced unlike most teams they are playing and possibly the most physical now that our line is marching.

Don't be afraid of WI
(Do NOT be afraid to be a legend!)

MSU isn't impressing many yet this year, and Michigan struggled at Illinois today. Mich got the win, but isn't the epic win for Wisconsin that we maybe all believed a couple weeks ago.

The Gophers can only control what they do. they can't control what any other team does.

The Gophers play Rutgers next week. that is all they should be thinking about.

It's the old "tempting fate" thing. logically, it shouldn't matter. but emotionally, when fans start plotting out scenarios where "if A, B and C happens, we win the title!" - that is when I get really nervous, because some off-kilter part of my brain thinks that the Football Gods will be offended and smite the Gophers down to punish the fans for their temerity.

Hey, I also try to avoid stepping on cracks in the sidewalk.

OSU defeats Wisconsin

Minnesota will be heavy favorites against NW and heavy dogs against PSU/Iowa which is why getting to this 8-0 start is so important.

I don't believe we will be heavy dogs to Iowa or PSU.

Minnesota will be heavy favorites against NW and heavy dogs against PSU/Iowa which is why getting to this 8-0 start is so important.

They won't be heavy dogs to Iowa if they take care of business against PSU... :cool02:

Wisconsin is playing far better this year and their defense is playing off the charts.....that said....I don't think it is crazy to think we will have a shot at beating them at home.

Ohio State is going to thump Wisconsin.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Every week is a new season. It doesn’t matter what happened last year. Anything can happen in college football, including running the table, defeating WI at TCF, and even winning the Big Ten outright. I don’t think we need to argue every day about whether it’s ok to have a rational discussion about the odds of that coming to pass.

Part of me thinks Wisconsin is getting luck with looking dominant due to the illusion that beating Michigan and Michigan State created. I don’t think Michigan is that amazing (they more so looked bad in the Wisconsin game than Wisconsin looked good), and Michigan State is crapping the bed like normal with their lackluster offense. By the last game of this season I think they’re beatable. I think Penn State is our toughest game. Iowa doesn’t scare me as much now as they did originally, but playing at Kinnick makes me worry a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me thinks Wisconsin is getting luck with looking dominant due to the illusion that beating Michigan and Michigan State created. I don’t think Michigan is that amazing (they more so looked bad in the Wisconsin game than Wisconsin looked good), and Michigan State is crapping the bed like normal with their lackluster offense. By the last game of this season I think they’re beatable. I think Penn State is our toughest game. Iowa doesn’t scare me as much now as they did originally, but playing at Kinnick makes me worry a bit more.

Thumping MSU like that is impressive, even if MSU isn’t great. No luck involved obviously. They’re a great team right now. They can beat OSU. And yet, we can still beat them.

Thumping MSU like that is impressive, even if MSU isn’t great. No luck involved obviously. They’re a great team right now. They can beat OSU. And yet, we can still beat them.

Hate to say it. Four shutouts, wow! This day and age?

We may not be dogs to either.

I had to go back and check the #'s quickly. SP+ had us around 8-point dogs to PSU and 5-point dogs to Iowa.

Minnesota is likely to shift up a bit this week and I don't think PSU/Iowa will move around much.

We might be within 3 points of Iowa, but we will likely still be touchdown underdogs to PSU at home.

Going to be tough to move the needle in a positive way over the next two weeks.

Gophers basically need to show up and blow out both teams for their ranking to move up too much whereas I would just be happy to see them at 8-0.

Top Bottom